Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Yale, Indiana, and NJIT have all reached out to 2020 F Myles Foster, talented big runs with the NY Lightning.

Looks like a 6'5" Deandre Thomas to me. We'll see how this goes. "reaching out" isn't a big deal, anyway.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Gonzaga, Indiana, Ohio State and Colorado have now reached out to 2020 Ben Carlson. Picked up Wisconsin offer last night.  Others who have reached out include Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa State, Stanford, Butler, Creighton, Iowa, Michigan, and Nebraska.

3-star on 247 but 4-star on Rivals; 6'9"  205 lb. PF from East Ridge HS in St. Paul, MN.  Plays on the D1 Minnesota 16U squad on the Adidas circuit.

Rivals

Side note:  Since schools could start contacting the '20's a couple of days ago there have been dozens of tweets like the above regarding kids and schools "reaching out".  Seems like Ohio State and Butler are both always mentioned so I guess Holtmann and Jordan like that shotgun approach to their recruiting.

There’s bunches of talent in MN and our inside/out approach is taking us out it seems. Ostrom is leading the charge as well. Race could be a factor with these other players from the state esp Hurt but lots of great players to be recruited.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:52 PM, HoosierDYT said:

All 4 coaches watched Anthony Leal play this morning and most stayed to watch Armaan Franklin play the next game. Franklin looked really good, long, and an all around good player, not just a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did you think that Leal or Galloway played well enough to earn an offer?

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Did you think that Leal or Galloway played well enough to earn an offer?

I didn't get to see Galloway play but I did hear that he hasn't played consistently (health) in awhile so some were confused with the timing of his MSU offer. I thought Leal looked decent, but I really liked Armaan Franklin. What were your thoughts if you saw either?

4 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I didn't get to see Galloway play but I did hear that he hasn't played consistently (health) in awhile so some were confused with the timing of his MSU offer. I thought Leal looked decent, but I really liked Armaan Franklin. What were your thoughts if you saw either?

Didn't think either played like I thought they would. I think Newman gets an offer today

Seems like a weak Indiana class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 6/15/2018 at 2:24 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Five-star sophomore BJ Boston has rececied calls today from Duke, Xavier, UGA, Florida, Alabama, Providence, Depaul, Texas, Virginia, Ohio State, Ole Miss,Virginia Tech, Indiana, Kansas, Georgia Tech, USC & Iowa State
Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Making The Case: Three players who could land in top 10 for 2020   One of the players is BJ Boston:

There are no shortage of reasons to buy stock in B.J. Boston  eventually making the 2020 top 10. Measuring in at 6-foot-4.5 with a 6-foot-10 wingspan, and time to grow another few inches, the rising junior wing has steadily improved each step of the way, while evolving into a blue blood recruit. Boston lacks strength but has every other tool and if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that whenever muscle mass is the primary hold-up, buy, buy, buy now!

The strength will come and when it does, Boston’s game will immediately hit the highest level. Running with the AOT Running Rebels unit this spring, Boston has morphed into an efficient and well-rounded prospect that can play all three positions on the perimeter. He has posted per-game averages of 14.9 points and 4.6 rebounds, and while he has made just 31 percent of his three-point attempts, it says here that those numbers will be raised as he matures and can lock in the mechanics on his jump shot.

There have been a number of comparisons made between Boston and Los Angeles Lakers’ star Brandon Ingram. Each showed incremental improvements throughout their high school days and while both are hindered some by their lacking strength reserves, each are also uber-versatile wings that are underrated playmakers that can knock down shots, rebound, defend and boast immense upside.

As time goes by, there is not a better prospect outside of the top-10 to buy into than the super talented Boston. -- Corey Evans

Latest rankings from 247.  

Ethan Morton (IU Offer) #70 overall; #2 in Pennsylvania; #17 overall ranked SG

Zach Loveday (IU Offer) #86 overall; #1 in Ohio; #12 overall ranked center

Anthony Leal  #94 overall; #1 in Indiana; #22 ranked SG

Trey Galloway #108 overall; #2 in Indiana; #26 ranked SG

Tre Coleman #3 in Indiana 

Mabor Majak #4 in Indiana

Jaden Ivey #5, in Indiana

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Latest rankings from 247.  

Ethan Morton (IU Offer) #70 overall; #2 in Pennsylvania; #17 overall ranked SG

Zach Loveday (IU Offer) #86 overall; #1 in Ohio; #12 overall ranked center

Anthony Leal  #94 overall; #1 in Indiana; #22 ranked SG

Trey Galloway #108 overall; #2 in Indiana; #26 ranked SG

Tre Coleman #3 in Indiana 

Mabor Majak #4 in Indiana

Jaden Ivey #5, in Indiana

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Any of these Indiana kids have potential to blow up, or are we looking at a weaker/lower potential in-state class?

23 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

It looks like IU is waiting to see how '19 goes before offering Leal- which is the right approach, imo. And the staff's focus is on '19, I think you'll see that in the coming weeks.

Do you see us getting heavily involved with Keon Johnson? Looks to be a great player in ‘20