Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Is there any way to separate your signature line from the rest of the post? I always start reading it...

It shows on mine (the app) that it's separated by a line?

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

2019 Alonzo Gaffney 6'8 forward from Ohio. 

This is from a Hooker U site and indicates Slick Rick offered.  It also mentions that we've offered, but since I haven't seen anyone else with that report, I question it's accuracy.

Alonzo Gaffney is 6-8 forward from Cleveland Ohio. He is the rated the number 1 player in Ohio for the 2019 recruiting class. He has played the Power Forward position in high school but this summer on his AAU team he is playing the Small Forward position. He is leading them in scoring averaging over 25pts per game along with 8 rebounds per game. After reviewing his film he reminds me a lot of T-Will’s athleticism with Francisco Garcia’s body. Louisville is just one of several schools currently looking at Gaffney. Indiana, West Virginia, Penn State, Georgetown, & Wisconsin are other schools that have offered Gaffney. 

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is from a Hooker U site and indicates Slick Rick offered.  It also mentions that we've offered, but since I haven't seen anyone else with that report, I question it's accuracy.

Alonzo Gaffney is 6-8 forward from Cleveland Ohio. He is the rated the number 1 player in Ohio for the 2019 recruiting class. He has played the Power Forward position in high school but this summer on his AAU team he is playing the Small Forward position. He is leading them in scoring averaging over 25pts per game along with 8 rebounds per game. After reviewing his film he reminds me a lot of T-Will’s athleticism with Francisco Garcia’s body. Louisville is just one of several schools currently looking at Gaffney. Indiana, West Virginia, Penn State, Georgetown, & Wisconsin are other schools that have offered Gaffney. 

If we haven't yet we will be soon. But I haven't heard or seen for sure that we have

From Day 5, NY2LA Sports Summer Jam

Aaron Henry – 2018 – SG – Team Harris
Henry had a big second half, but Team Harris fell to Playground Elite in the 17U semifinals. A good blend of length and strength, Henry is a tough matchup. He’s smooth and crafty on the drive and has a beautiful euro-step in traffic. Henry’s touch around the rim is special for a guy that plays so fast on the drive. Henry is a dual-threat and can knock down shots off the bounce from the outside. He’s got a quick, effortless stroke and isn’t fazed by a hand in his face. Also a standout defender, Henry plays with a chip on his shoulder on that end. 

Eric Hunter – 2018 – PG – Team Harris
Hunter went for 21 points in a loss to Playground Elite in the 17U semifinals. The smooth, lefty shot the ball outstanding from 3-point range. All Hunter needs is a little bit of room to get his shot off, using a jab fake and then rising up for the attempt. A scoring point guard, Hunter loves to go 1-on-1 and take what the defense gives him, usually a contested 3-pointer which he’s more than comfortable knocking down on a consistent basis. Capping off a solid week, Hunter definitely boosted his stock going into the final week of the eval period. 

Big finale to the July evaluation period kicks off tomorrow in Las Vegas.

'The 8' at the Las Vegas Classic features 16 teams from the Nike EYBL circuit.  Players of IU interest that will participate include:  Garland and Hellems from Bradley Beal Elite / Gabe Kalscheur from Howard Pulley /  Damezi Anderson from MeanStreets / James Akinjo from Oakland Soldiers / Jalen Carey from Playaz Club / Louis King from Team Final / James Wiseman from Team Penny.

Adidas holds its Summer Championships also in Las Vegas and all of the Adidas kids we're following will be participating including Trendon Watford who jumped from Nike to Adidas sponsored M33M for this event.  

Because of the time difference, many of these games will not get started until after 10:00 ET so don't look for Wednesday's results until Thursday morning; Thursday's until Friday morning, etc.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:12 PM, Chris007 said:

Indiana also watch 2018 SG Gabe Kalscheur last who had a big game. Also spoke with his coaches. He is good friends with Race Thompson. Per Rabby.  So it sounds like this is a new kid or has his name been thrown around. 

Apparently we didn't like what we saw as we've not offered and he's announcing his college decision tonight at 6:15.  Minny is the odds on favorite.

And the oddsmakers were correct.  Minny it is.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Announced decision

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Apparently we didn't like what we saw as we've not offered and he's announcing his college decision tonight at 6:15.

I would guess most of the SG targets for this class are backups to Romeo. Going to be hard to find one if Romeo goes elsewhere. Most of the guys we're after probably won't wait until the Spring to decide.

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Big finale to the July evaluation period kicks off tomorrow in Las Vegas.

'The 8' at the Las Vegas Classic features 16 teams from the Nike EYBL circuit.  Players of IU interest that will participate include:  Garland and Hellems from Bradley Beal Elite / Gabe Kalscheur from Howard Pulley /  Damezi Anderson from MeanStreets / James Akinjo from Oakland Soldiers / Jalen Carey from Playaz Club / Louis King from Team Final / James Wiseman from Team Penny.

Adidas holds its Summer Championships also in Las Vegas and all of the Adidas kids we're following will be participating including Trendon Watford who jumped from Nike to Adidas sponsored M33M for this event.  

Because of the time difference, many of these games will not get started until after 10:00 ET so don't look for Wednesday's results until Thursday morning; Thursday's until Friday morning, etc.

Media preview

Peegs has posted:  Indiana in play for Illinois big man Francis Okoro.  The full details are behind the pay wall but Okoro plays on the same AAU team with Garland and Hellems so he's in action in Vegas this weekend.  His stats for the 7 games he played at the Peach Jam mirrored those for his entire AAU season so he is consistent in his play.

Francis Okoro '19 (PF) - Bradley Beal             
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 8.7 59%   59%   0%   9 0 1 0 2
# Gms 23                      

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Corey Evans: There has been talk about an elite point guard tandem in Durham and while I think things remain on the fence between Duke, Vanderbilt and Indiana, Archie Miller comes up with his first big-time pick-up as Garland heads to Bloomington. 

Dan McDonald:  Darius Garland likely comes down to Indiana and Vanderbilt, but I think Bryce Drew makes his first major recruiting splash by keeping Garland home playing for the Commodores.