Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Where did he come from?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Watched this kid the other day on TV. Wanna say Peach Jam finals. This kid lit it up. Shot well outside, got to the rim easily and thru traffic and had great court vision. Was thinking to myself, `Why not this kid?'. I like this offer alot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I know it seems that we've been offering a good number of recruits here recently, but I like the fact that the staff recognizes that we need a  quality pg and that they're looking far and wide to find one. It shows me that they have a plan and they're carrying out. 

Akinjo ranked 121 on 247. 270 composite. Dude is tiny. Ranked 12th in the state of California. Watched video.
It's really hard for me to get behind 5'10 guards, Unless they play like Yogi, Ulis, or Garland.

Not excited about this one as it stands.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I am right there with ya. Do not understand this offer at all. Unless it is to force the hand of a recruit that is swaying our way but just being hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

I am right there with ya. Do not understand this offer at all. Unless it is to force the hand of a recruit that is swaying our way but just being hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

I might rescind my first reaction a little. I just dislike little guards. They have to WOW me. His video looks more impressive than Phinisee to me. Faster, better handle. Seems more aggressive, etc.

Wayne already said it: Peach Jam MVP

I love to speculate on players, and which ones might pop for IU, but when it comes right down to it, if the coaching staff is going to be really good, their judgment based on first hand impressions is what truly matters.

For me? I fully assume that they know what they're doing until and unless they prove otherwise.

Wayne already said it: Peach Jam MVP

I love to speculate on players, and which ones might pop for IU, but when it comes right down to it, if the coaching staff is going to be really good, their judgment based on first hand impressions is what truly matters.
For me? I fully assume that they know what they're doing until and unless they prove otherwise.

I have to agree with this. My gut instinct and rumors tell me that we've not been impressed with Phinisee. We went strong on Garland all along including first July session. It appears that ship has sailed. Other backup plans are being made now. I don't know how much of the Phinisee media talk is lip service or if we are really pressing him for real.

In the end, this staff has a wealth of basketball experience and as hard as it is for me, I better just trust their instincts.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

WHEW!  Relieved that my season stats for him match with those published in the article!!   

I still feel good about Phinisee.  I've watched this kid play probably a dozen games - full games not highlight reels - and I like what I see.  He plays under control and he keeps his teammates involved in the game.  Is he Yogi Ferrell?  Of course not.  He's not a flashy player but I think he can be a very steady player who won't make careless turnovers and will get the ball into the hands of our shooters in positions where they can score.  And when all is said and done, I believe he will be remembered in a very positive manner as a PG.  Final note.  He battled a thigh bruise injury (I think that's what it was) last winter and he's had some injuries this summer which probably had some negative effect on his AAU stats.  Injury prone players are not what we need, but if Archie and staff are still full bore on him, then I'm confident they don't see that characteristic in him.  

3 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

My feelings exactly. Rob is a kid who will literally be a coach on the floor. You need those kids to win. Now am I saying I want him over the bigger name PG's? No, but I want him as our backup pg next year and then have him take over his junior or senior year. His size does worry me, but with all these wings that Archie is getting it may not be a factor.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Chris Reynolds-ish? (sans the injury issues mentioned above)

I might rescind my first reaction a little. I just dislike little guards. They have to WOW me. His video looks more impressive than Phinisee to me. Faster, better handle. Seems more aggressive, etc.

Watched this kid once...seen RP 5 or 6 times. I like this kid better than RP. May have been a fluke game, but he was the best player on the floor in that finals game.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app