Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The only players that could be pulling the trigger soon are Henry and maybe Phinisee. Phinisee is apparently ours if we show more interest. Think Duke is a priority but will be hard to get competing with Providence and Nova. Garland could take a bit to commit somewhere. Romeo is expected to commit around spring but doesn't know who he likes best yet between IU, KU and UofL. Dort has not made up his mind and will most likely commit later on as well. Moses Brown is still regarded as a priority.

3 minutes ago, Jketch said:

The only players that could be pulling the trigger soon are Henry and maybe Phinisee. Phinisee is apparently ours if we show more interest. Think Duke is a priority but will be hard to get competing with Providence and Nova. Garland could take a bit to commit somewhere. Romeo is expected to commit around spring but doesn't know who he likes best yet between IU, KU and UofL. Dort has not made up his mind and will most likely commit later on as well. Moses Brown is still regarded as a priority.

I thought Henry pushed his timeline back to October/November?

Dort has said he wants to finish things up soon. Garland & Brown are Spring guys, but if Romeo is really done w UK and Duke no need to wait till spring to see whose coming and going. KU, us & U of L's current players that are supposed to be back the following year won't change much. I see him popping by December honestly.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Dort has said he wants to finish things up soon. Garland & Brown are Spring guys, but if Romeo is really done w UK and Duke no need to wait till spring to see whose coming and going. KU, us & U of L's current players that are supposed to be back the following year won't change much. I see him popping by December honestly.

Is this new info on Dort?

Before the Michigan State info he had said he wanted to visit us and Oregon and would decide after that. If he planned on spreading them out I guess it may be awhile but sounded like he will be an early signing guy. The Michigan State interest may have changed things.

Peach Jam Honorable Mentions:  Jalen Carey / Darius Garland / Trendon Watford

Peach Jam 3rd Team:  Isaiah Stewart

Peach Jam 2nd Team:  Keldon Johnson

Peach Jam 1st Team:  Cole Anthony / Jericole Hellems

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Updated with 1st and 2nd Teams

Couple of familiar names.

2017 NY2LA SPORTS SUMMER JAM 17U PROSPECT PREVIEW

Flynn Cameron – 2018 – PG – AUSA Hoops Platinum 

A point guard that’s beginning to blow up, Cameron had a number of power-five programs watching him during the first week of the July period. A pure point guard with great size (6-4), Cameron is a smooth floor general with a knack for getting into the teeth of the defense and either scoring at the rim or kicking to an open shooter. 

Kevin Easley – 2018 – SF – George Hill Rising Stars

Back on the market, the former VCU commit is an intriguing small forward. Easley can shoot the rock from 3-point range and play with his back to the basket effectively, making him a difficult cover. The 6-foot-6 senior has a chance to develop into a big scorer at the Division 1 level. 

Eric Hunter – 2018 – PG – Team Harris

Ohio State, Xavier, Minnesota, Purdue, and others are in on one of the Midwest’s top point guards. Hunter played very well against top competition at the Swish N’ Dish in April. The lefty is a long, smooth guard that can stop and pop from mid-range and float shots over the top of the defense effectively. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Floyd Cameron, Phinisee, Garland, DeVoe fit, right?

David Duke more of a Combo, and Dort would be a PG experiment.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Im ok with Dort just because the talent he has. And if we don't get Romeo we can just move him to SG. 

How have Archie's teams used a PG traditionally? What about his brothers teams? I seem to think that AZ gets a lot of long guys vs traditional PGs but I can't say for sure.

Just now, 8bucks said:

How have Archie's teams used a PG traditionally? What about his brothers teams? I seem to think that AZ gets a lot of long guys vs traditional PGs but I can't say for sure.

I was under the impression he used 2 PGs. I might be wrong on that. 

But I wonder if these were actually 2 combo guards. 

Typically one point guard but he uses sets with two, and the lesser PG just plays off ball. At Dayton and over the past four years, Schoochie ran point and john Crosby / kyle Davis would play 2. As others have mentioned, he utilizes some form of controlled position-less basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Floyd Cameron, Phinisee, Garland, DeVoe fit, right?

David Duke more of a Combo, and Dort would be a PG experiment.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I really think we should hold off on Phinisee for now. He's probably my least favorite out of the PG's we're recruiting. I just don't see him as a starting caliber player on a good team.