Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

24 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Aaron Henry...The 6-foot-5 senior wing from Indianapolis Ben Davis scored 16 of his team high 18 points in the first half, leading Team Harris to a UAA Finals open division 54-42 pool win over the Q6 All-Stars. The game was played at the Lakepoint Sporting Complex near Atlanta in Cartersville, Georgia. Henry added six rebounds, four assists, four steals and a block 

“Meeting coach (Archie) Miller was everything to me," Henry said. "That program really has a lot of history behind it. I would like to play there if I could.”

Stuffed that stat sheet last night, didn't he?

Here some encouraging news. Thankful it is different from what I was hearing.

Quote from uk site about Romeo...

On the sense that Kentucky is fading in his recruitment, particularly after Langford’s limited role (back spasms reportedly contributed to that) on Team USA: “That certainly seems to be the word. I can’t confirm it, but it appears to be the word,” Daniels said, noting that in-state Indiana, nearby Louisville and powerhouse Kansas are the three to watch with Langford. Gun to his head on which one it’ll be? “I’d pass on getting shot in the head,” Daniels said.

Who is the lead recruiter on Romeo? I'm going out on a limb saying the relationship between Shannon and Schilling trump the other Adidas schools.

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Indiana also watch 2018 SG Gabe Kalscheur last who had a big game. Also spoke with his coaches. He is good friends with Race Thompson. Per Rabby.  So it sounds like this is a new kid or has his name been thrown around. 

Plays on the Howard Pulley team.  In 16 games this season averaging 17.9 PPG on 49% shooting; 64% from the line and 45% on 3's.  Of his 16 games, he's been in double figures in all but 2; high game was 32 pts.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It's possibly because of this guard:

http://247sports.com/Player/Gabe-Kalscheur-93736

Kalschuer is a shooter at 6'4"  - 2nd in EYBL 3pointers made, and is starting to amass multiple high-major offers. 

Or, likely, this forward:

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarvis-Thomas-84655

Apparently Thomas has had a late growth spurt up to 6'8" or 6'9" and is a high-ceiling  - energy type forward project. In other articles Jarvis Thomas is described like the type of forward that Archie favors. Long, great athleticism, football player mentality.

This will get the "they're ranked too low" crowd tamped down a bit: a link to a Sporting News article on the best of the Los Angeles EYBL tourney from May; reviews of  Bagley, Cam Reddish, Bol Bol, Tre Jones, all of that. Also some nice words for Damezi Anderson. Both Kalschuer and Thomas were among the non-big names that were most notable and the article describes why:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/eybl-nike-basketball-teams-prospects-recruiting-class-rankings-marvin-bagley-iii-cameron-reddish-bol-bol/13948loac6f31zi7rut0gfjr5

With Tommy O's Minnesota connections, I'm guessing that he has gotten the word that these two are at the very least worth his time to take a look at. 

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Indiana also watch 2018 SG Gabe Kalscheur last who had a big game. Also spoke with his coaches. He is good friends with Race Thompson. Per Rabby.  So it sounds like this is a new kid or has his name been thrown around. 

Ooh, oooh! My unsourced, uneducated, blind squirrel looking for an acorn speculation scooped Rabby by about five hours   :)-

See link for Gabe's profile above.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Ooh, oooh! My unsourced, uneducated blind speculation scooped Rabby by about five hours :) See link for Gabe's profile above.

That's the kind of detective work we like. Do you think he is a high major? I'll be honest I don't know one thing about him. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

That's the kind of detective work we like. Do you think he is a high major? I'll be honest I don't know one thing about him. 

Beats the crap outta me; that's Ostrom's job to figure out!

However, he is starting to get multiple high-major offers, he would help with Race, and no question Ostrom got a heads-up from one of his Minnesota connections that he trusts that he needed to come and take a close look for that very reason.

Here some encouraging news. Thankful it is different from what I was hearing.

Quote from uk site about Romeo...

On the sense that Kentucky is fading in his recruitment, particularly after Langford’s limited role (back spasms reportedly contributed to that) on Team USA: “That certainly seems to be the word. I can’t confirm it, but it appears to be the word,” Daniels said, noting that in-state Indiana, nearby Louisville and powerhouse Kansas are the three to watch with Langford. Gun to his head on which one it’ll be? “I’d pass on getting shot in the head,” Daniels said.

What is it? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app