Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Next week kicks off the July evaluation period and the 3 major AAU circuits are all in action.  

The Nike EYBL has its season finale the Peach Jam scheduled for July 12-16.  Most of the EYBL kids we’ve offered or are following play on teams that qualified for the Peach Jam.  Two notable exceptions are Keion Brooks and Kofi Cockburn whose teams failed to qualify.

Adidas has its Gauntlet Finale July 12-15 in Spartanburg, SC, and Under Armour has its UAA Finals July 12-15 in Atlanta.

I’ll post stats at the end of each day’s games or early the following morning depending upon how late in the evening the games run.  

Teaser alert for the Peach Jam.   Trendon Watford and his Team Nike Florida had to play a Peach Jam play-in game earlier today against Team Final which features Louis King and 5-star Cam Reddish.  Although Reddish poured in 44 pts., Trendon (19 pts.) and his teammates took the win 82-77 and advance.  There is no losers bracket opportunity for Team Final and they're completely out of the Peach Jam.

It's a mystery to me exactly how teams get to play in the Peach Jam.  Watford's team finished the 16-game season with an 8-8 record; Team Final was 7-9.   Kofi Cockburn's team, The Rens, finished 8-8 and they don't get any invite whatsoever.  The really outrageous thing about this year's Peach Jam is with the Nike Phamily team that features Marvin Bagley III, the consensus #1 player in the '18 class.  Despite Marvin's lofty status, his team could only muster a record of 2-14 and yet they are in the tournament just as if they'd have been 14-2.   My analogy is that for Marvin, getting to play in the Peach Jam is like going to UNC and getting a diploma without going to any real classes.  I don't care how good Marvin is, it's really sad that a more deserving team got screwed out of a chance to participate in the Peach Jam solely so Nike could show off Marvin.  

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Spoiler alert. No predictions for IU for Langford, Garland, King, Keldon Johnson, Moses Brown, Dosunmu, and others.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

What I wouldn't give for pUKe to have a season where their prodigal freshman didn't live up to expectation and become 1 and dones, sitting at the end of the following season stuck with a full roster and have 5 or 6 sign letter of intents for the next season!

What I wouldn't give for pUKe to have a season where their prodigal freshman didn't live up to expectation and become 1 and dones, sitting at the end of the following season stuck with a full roster and have 5 or 6 sign letter of intents for the next season!

They had that with a team that went to the NIT. Problem is when you pull in 5-7 players with the turnover they have you will never fill a roster unless it happened a couple of seasons in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They had that with a team that went to the NIT. Problem is when you pull in 5-7 players with the turnover they have you will never fill a roster unless it happened a couple of seasons in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep, it happened that year with the twins and others. Didn't slow them down one step.

22 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Cal sucks as a coach, with the talent he has. I don't care what bs anyone tries to sell me.

Yes! A top 5 class like every year and only 1 national championship in that time span? Mehh. He's underperformed. Coach K has won two in that timespan. As a fan one title in 8 years wouldn't be worth completely selling my soul like Kentucky has. 

Yes! A top 5 class like every year and only 1 national championship in that time span? Mehh. He's underperformed. As a fan one title in 8 years wouldn't be worth completely selling my soul like Kentucky has. 

They don't see it as selling their soul. They are recruiting and signing the best players in the nation. They move on to the pro ranks when they are ready.

It's college hoops nowadays for teams with great players.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They don't see it as selling their soul. They are recruiting and signing the best players in the nation. They move on to the pro ranks when they are ready.

I just think I'd lose interest if it happened here year after year. It'd be hard to feel much of a connection to the team if a new group of players showed up every June and left every April. They would feel more like mercenaries than like Hoosiers to me. 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Most of them start ready and act like coach Calward has some magic sauce that develops guys.