Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ViaSwiss

Article: Indiana Hoosiers Basketball Is A Sleeping Giant, Waiting To Be Awoken

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I like that we seem to be getting some good press now. Before it was all "IU fans are delusional, they're living in the past, accept your mediocrity." 

That is some partisan, inside the fanbase press.

A "sleeping giant" is just that...sleeping. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That is some partisan, inside the fanbase press.

A "sleeping giant" is just that...sleeping. 

Hey a sleeping giant is better than the dead one that a lot of people want us to be. 

**For some reason I definitely read this as being  from the Indy Star when I first saw the link so now it's not nearly as cool as I first thought. 

16 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Great read. I just hope Archie turns out to be even better than we expected because this program has potential to be what it once was

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There aren't very many places with the POTENTIAL of IU.

Heard this for years still waiting and if recruiting is any indication we will be waiting for awhile.

I've seen you complain on three different threads without actually saying what is wrong with the recruiting. Care to enlighten us what the problem is with Archie's recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, indianaranger said:

Heard this for years still waiting and if recruiting is any indication we will be waiting for awhile.

I get the impression you're they type of individual that wakes up in the morning, sits at his chair with a cup of terrible coffee and stares out their window. Staring and waiting for the paper boy to come by and kick your dog then turn to you and give you the finger. It will be fine it's July 5th.

I get the impression you're they type of individual that wakes up in the morning, sits at his chair with a cup of terrible coffee and stares out their window. Staring and waiting for the paper boy to come by and kick your dog then turn to you and give you the finger. It will be fine it's July 5th.

I don't think this is fair. Sure, he is expecting less than favorable results and using our history as his reasoning.

The difference is with Archie and a new staff our recent history doesn't mean much.

I am negative towards recruiting misses as well, but I will always look at the grand scheme of things in the end.

Will we get Romeo, Dort, Garland? I don't know, no one does. Past history says no. Current history is a mystery.

Seems Arch did a good job landing some assistants more than capable of succeeding at this recruiting game. Bruiser was under Cal thru Camby & D Rose I believe and Schilling had to have gotten up close to the Balls. Miller will have to convince the recruits without bag men but his Indiana recruit focus can make up for a lot.

I don't think this is fair. Sure, he is expecting less than favorable results and using our history ...

It's NOT fair!
The coffee he drinks is excellent.

6 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I've seen you complain on three different threads without actually saying what is wrong with the recruiting. Care to enlighten us what the problem is with Archie's recruiting?

When he leads and starts landing recruits fine.Recruiting has been as quite i have ever seen it last 20 years that is a big concern hope he can turn it around.At the moment we lead for no one and for major top 10 program that is a problem.

Edited by indianaranger

When he leads and starts landing recruits fine.Recruiting has been as quite i have ever seen it last 20 years that is a big concern hope he can turn it around.At the moment we lead for no one and for major top 10 program that is a problem.    

Lmfao. Yes because him being a couple of months on the job he should have had multiple commits. Recruits should be calling him to build relationships. He takes those calls all while walking on water. I am beginning to wonder what some of you even follow when it comes to recruiting and new coaches.  I say fire him and get a new coach that knows how to recruit where kids go to the boards and tell everyone that IU leads for them.

He's been here for what 3 months? What in the world were you expecting? IU is not currently a top 10 program. Historically, Financially yes. Respected still yes. Success on the court, no. Archie has the opportunity to return it to a top 10 program and yes that takes landing star recruits, but good lord let the guy walk before you cut him off at the legs.

The excruciating waiting time between hiring a coach and his team's first official tipoff is tough on anyone who gives a rip about the IU program.  And for a guy who lives in Michigan and reads only about UofM and MSU in local media... it makes me think my school needs to pump up the PR - certainly outside of B-Town - so that Hoosier fans have something to talk, even brag about.  True, news about outstanding recruits is sketchy right now; still, I'd like the Miller doubters to work at positive.  Bet your big money on the season after the one coming up, but cross your fingers that coach just might orchestrate a little magic by early '18.  Hey, it could happen.