Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naismith

For 2017-18 IU Badly Needs Another "BIG"!!!!

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I guess ya never know, and if the staff has a personal relationship with him they know better than us, but he sure seems like a pain in the arse that's not worth the talent. Same with JaQuan Lyle.

OSU boards are saying it was grades and not trouble making. Given the circumstances I would take a flier on him. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

OSU boards are saying it was grades and not trouble making. Given the circumstances I would take a flier on him. 

Holtmann said that grades were the start of his off-court problems. Not the entirety of them. The press articles say he's a likable kid but with no self-discipline. Sounds kinda Troy Williams-ish, and that turned out as a net positive for us, but with many bumps in the road along the way.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I still have a bad taste from the last Funderburke from Ohio (yes, I know they're not related) we had on the roster.   I pass.

Yes! That's why we are all excited about the prospect of Lugentz Dort from Canada. Absolutely no bad precedent with that name combo.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Holtmann said that grades were the start of his off-court problems. Not the entirety of them. The press articles say he's a likable kid but with no self-discipline. Sounds kinda Troy Williams-ish, and that turned out as a net positive for us, but with many bumps in the road along the way.

Kinda where I'm at. I think it's worth the risk kid could be a very talented 4 year player for us and already has a year of quality coaching under his belt. 

A risk for sure but one worth taking. 

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For instance, there's a team in the B1G that has:

• 6'10", 240
  • 6'10", 220
  • 6'9", 225
  • 6'8", 230
  • 6'7, 220
  • 6'7", 225
  • 6'6", 220

All on scholly. How are we gonna defend them?!?

Oh, wait...that's us. We'll be fine with the size we have, though if DeRon gets hurt we'd suffer for sure.

Ha at first it didn't click that you were talking about us and I was thinking "crap that's a huge team." 

Grad transfer possibility for *next* year
Mike Daum - South Dakota State 
He's already gotten on the map for deep hoop fans. He averaged 25.1ppg and 8.1 rpg. 51/42% from the floor (and those 3% #s are legit as he averaged almost 6 attempts per game. 87% at the line while averaged 8.25 FTA/game. All in a 6'9" 240lbs body. He will likely be eligible as a grad transfer next year and if he goes that route, that would possibly be the biggest recruiting battle we've seen yet in the grad transfer market, as he's a legit All American level player (might be one this year anyway). I think it's also possible that he's an NBA draft pick next spring, so who knows what path he might opt to take, but he's a name clearly worth paying attention to about 8 months from now.

Sign him up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app