Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

Offseason workouts...

Dude is a beast. If he can develop a little more touch and feel for the game I think he'll contribute. He certainly can match up physically and also there is no one else :) 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The 40" vertical club.  Not too shabby.

Top Max Vert.

1. @justinsmith3_ (42.5")

2. @Mcswain_swain (42")

3. @ChefBoyArGreen (41.5")

4. @RoJoJr (40")

5. @ctj_curt (40")

Not sure I'm buying 5 40" verts on 1 college roster when I'm pretty sure there were only 7 or 8 at the NBA combine. But if it is true then Cliff is officially a wizard.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Not sure I'm buying 5 40" verts on 1 college roster when I'm pretty sure there were only 7 or 8 at the NBA combine. But if it is true then Cliff is officially a wizard.

Aren't NBA verticals measured from a standstill? Our guys were getting a running head start so it's a little different. Still impressive though.

6 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Aren't NBA verticals measured from a standstill? Our guys were getting a running head start so it's a little different. Still impressive though.

It looks like they do running start verticals at the combine, but I'm not sure if they do standstill ones too. 

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

They measure both a standing vert and a one step vert. A standing 40" vert would be pretty damned close to human flight. I'm not suggesting what they're doing isn't impressive, it obviously is. Freddie's incredible off 2 feet. Just saying it's a little like all these guys listed at 6'10" who are actually 6'8". They're still tall.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2709370-nba-combine-results-2017-friday-measurements-highlights-and-top-prospects

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for the standing vs. running verticals.  Our guys are impressive.