Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan31

Danielle Williams missing from roster

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Haven't heard a thing. Can you post a roster.

PS- you seem to be connected to the program in some fashion. Always nice getting your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

http://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Here is the link to the roster I will look and see what I can find as well. 

IUWBB: IU receives medical exemption for Williams

Indiana has received a medical exemption for Danielle Williams.

Williams, a 6-foot-4 forward from Fort Worth, Tex., would have been a junior this upcoming season. She dealt with knee issues during her two years with the Hoosiers, playing a total of 19 career minutes. She played just four minutes as a sophomore.

Subtracting Williams from the roster, the Hoosiers have four returning players for 2017-18, including All-Big Ten honorees Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill. Sophomore Bre Wickware and junior Kym Royster also return along with five freshmen and two transfers.

IU has lost five players this offseason, for a variety of reasons. Rising sophomore guard Ria Gulley transferred to Liberty. Guards Laken Wairau and Tia Elbert and forward Darby Foresman left the program to remain at IU as students.

Williams will also stay at IU academically and retain her athletic scholarship aid via NCAA rules. The medical exemption opens up a scholarship for the women’s basketball program, however.