Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) CG - David Duke to Providence

Corey Evans reporting we've extended an offer to David Duke a 4-star combo guard out of Cushing Academy in MA.  Plays for Mass. Rivals on the Adidas Circuit.  Goonaha posted a background piece on Duke on page 20 of the Random IUBB Recruiting thread.

One of 20 players selected for the  Adidas USA Select Team that included IU targets Langford, Garland and Dort.

Adidas circuit; averaged 17 min./game.

David Duke '18 (CG) - Mass. Rivals        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 9.9 41%   20%   66%   3 3 2 1 0
# Gms 8

35 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'm thinking Olivia must be thrilled with the prospect of being both an IU and a Duke fan

Hahaha good point I am a little to say the least but after this season I have no clue what I will do. 

17 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I'll admit I know nothing about this kid, but those stats are not impressive. 

I did fail to point out that he only averaged 17 min./game so his stats maybe aren't quite as poor as they look on the surface - except his 3-point shooting % is woeful anyway you look at it.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
Corey Evans reporting we've extended an offer to David Duke a 4-star combo guard out of Cushing Academy in MA.  Plays for Mass. Rivals on the Adidas Circuit.  Goonaha posted a background piece on Duke on page 20 of the Random IUBB Recruiting thread.

One of 20 players selected for the  Adidas USA Select Team that included IU targets Langford, Garland and Dort.

Adidas circuit; averaged 17 min./game.

David Duke '18 (CG) - Mass. Rivals        
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 9.9 41%   20%   66%   3 3 2 1 0
# Gms 8

Why, as a parent, would you name your son David Duke?

From Scout:

Four-star combo guard David Duke has seen his stock explode over the last nine months. Duke, who starred for the Mass Rivals in the spring, has picked up numerous offers, and is just now beginning to take a long look at the schools high on his list.
About his spring, Duke said, "I think I played well this spring. We didn’t lose any games in the Gauntlet. I have definitely worked hard on my shooting and my ball handling, and just getting my teammates involved and communicating more."

On the recruiting trail schools such as Villanova, Providence, Indiana, Kansas, Florida, Virginia, Syracuse, and Virginia Tech have all made Duke a top target.

David Duke is one of the faster rising members of the 2018 class. He has terrific athleticism and shows a good feel for the game from the point guard position. In college he should be a tremendous defender because of his lateral movement, length, and quick twitch athleticism. On the offensive end he shows the ability to make shots, though that can be inconsistent, and is an excellent passer who can set up teammates. Duke likely will play point guard, but also should be comfortable off the ball. His upside is tremendous, now it is a matter of putting all of his physical tools together and being consistently dominant game to game.

Locally the Friars have been extremely active recruiting Duke, and continue to try and land him as well as AAU teammate A.J. Reeves.
"They definitely think that we could win together and that it’d be a great thing to keep the local guys home, so that is basically what they say," said Duke of Providence.
Another school that has been extremely active recruiting Duke is Villanova. The Wildcats are looking to add a guard or two to this class, and Duke is one of their top targets.
"They tell me that I fit their playing style and that I can come in and play right away," noted Duke. "Also they like that I play both offense and defense, and things like that."
A school that could get a visit from Duke in August is Florida, and the Gators remain in very close contact with him.
"I definitely like Florida," noted Duke. "I am in contact with Coach (Darris) Nichols and Mike White a lot. They are as involved in my recruitment as any school."

Also the Indiana Hoosiers have started to really pick up the interest in Duke, and he has been in consistent contact with the new coaching staff in Bloomington.
"They just talked to me recently," said Duke. "Coach (Bruiser) Flint and Coach (Archie) Miller are talking to me, and remain very interested. They want to be in that final category with all of those schools."

For now Duke says he is in no hurry to make a commitment, and that he remains open in the process.
"I’m just completely open right now," said Duke. "Probably by the end of the summer I will be cutting down my list and putting it out."
He continued, "I am looking at playing style and if it fits me, and also relationship with the coaches and how my parents feel about them. Just basically it is wherever fits me the best."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/what-a-difference-a-year-makes-for-four-star-pg-david-duke

Indiana: “Coach (Bruiser) Flint and coach (Archie) Miller, we talked a couple of times. They are really interested and want to be in that final category with those schools once I cut my list.”

WHAT'S NEXT?

Duke will finish out his final year of travel ball with the Mass Rivals 17-under unit on the adidas circuit next month.

“I am just completely open right now,” he said. “I am not focused on it but by the end of the summer I will be deciding my final list and putting that out.”

RIVALS' REACTION

There are plenty of quality landing spots for Duke, and all of the programs involved in his recruitment can offer the four-star prospect a chance to play early and develop into a major weapon on the perimeter.

Indiana recently offered and could make a heavy push, Florida will likely receive a visit and Villanova is in a solid spot for Duke. However, Providence made Duke a priority early on and the idea of playing with his travel teammate and good friend Reeves in college remains a strong possibility.

Video: 2018 guard David Duke spring highlights

• 07/03/2017 11:44 am in 

Cushing Academy (Mass.) and Mass Rivals point guard David Duke is an Indiana recruiting target in the class of 2018.

The 6-foot-3 guard is the No. 68 player nationally, according to the 247Composite and added a scholarship offer from the Hoosiers in mid-June. We’ve compiled close to two minutes of video from his play this spring on the adidas Gauntlet circuit and adidas EuroCamp, which is available below:

Mike Hopkins @pcbb1917

2018 @RivalsNation guard David Duke was on Providence's campus today scrimmaging. The first live period of July is tomorrow #pcbb #gofriars

Mike Hopkins @pcbb1917 2m

To be clear, staff not allowed contact with Duke yesterday because it was still a dead period. He was just there to play pick up

57 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Mike Hopkins @pcbb1917

2018 @RivalsNation guard David Duke was on Providence's campus today scrimmaging. The first live period of July is tomorrow #pcbb #gofriars

Mike Hopkins @pcbb1917 2m

To be clear, staff not allowed contact with Duke yesterday because it was still a dead period. He was just there to play pick up

I won't be surprised if he pulls the trigger for them here soon. They have been the leader for him for a while now. 

I can see the appeal, they are a juggernaut!

I'll never fault a kid for going to a school he believes is the best fit for him. Not every kid goes to win a championship. Most want to go somewhere they know will take care of them and a place that feels like home.