Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2018) PF Brandon Johns to Michigan

Brandon Johns, the 6-foot-8 power forward from East Lansing (MI) High School, will announce his college decision on Thursday at 12 pm Central Time per Joseph Tipton.

Johns recently took unofficial visits to Pittsburgh (June 24) and Indiana (June 12) earlier this month. He also took unofficials to Michigan (Sept. 17) and Michigan State (Oct. 14) last year.

Johns is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 54 overall player in the Class of 2018 and the No. 1 player from the state of Michigan. Playing on the Nike EYBL circuit with Spiece Indy Heat, Johns has averaged 12.6 points, 6.6. rebounds, 1.1 steals, and 1.2 blocks per game in 16 games. He led them to a 7-9 record, missing out on Peach Jam.

In addition to Pittsburgh, Michigan State, and Michigan, Johns also holds offers from Alabama, Iowa, California, Creighton, Memphis, Missouri, and Texas, among others.

Coming from East Lansing, Michigan and Michigan State seem to be the favorites. The 247Sports Crystal Ball gives Michigan a 75 percent chance of landing Johns, with Michigan State taking up the other 25 percent.

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Michigan is yet another football school that outrecruits us. It makes me nauseous.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

We offered on the 11th and he decided less than three weeks later. That's not much time at all to build a relationship. Plus going to Michigan allows him to stay close to home while still experiencing something new, something he sort of brought up in one of the articles. We should wait until the end of this recruiting cycle to see who is outrecruiting who. 

2 guys we reached out to relatively early going elsewhere. Johns and Swider.

This one was obvious, so was Swider after Duke offer.

IMO. Bazley trumps. If we get Thompson or Hunter in this spot UM is getting the better player per position. If we don't get Bazley, Hunter, Thompson it could get interesting.

Need to "in the end" at minimum be out recruiting most B1G teams to be in the blueblood talk.

Romeo or Garland and a few others present that opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I feel it will be 2019 or 2020 before we feel real good about recruiting. Archie has an uphill climb thanks to Crean.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Might be true but if on court results aren't good this year or next, you can kiss 2019 hopefuls goodbye regardless of time to get to know said recruits.

Might be true but if on court results aren't good this year or next, you can kiss 2019 hopefuls goodbye regardless of time to get to know said recruits.

Having said that, I still believe 2018 will be a great class. It has to be.