Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

B1G/ACC Challenge

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree for the fact I don't think there are any Duke fans that can remember that time. They are an entirely new phenomena. Who is Duke's fan-base? Not alumni, there are unicorns. Not the huge local support. Certainly not the teeming mass of Mike Gminski fans. Sorry no one even knew Duke existed before 1986. And the band-wagon didn't start loading up until the early 90's.  

They'll probably abandon in droves after K is gone for 2 full seasons

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

Anyone know when tickets for this would start going on sale along with the rest of the games for the season? Not until August or so? I can't image how fast the Duke game will sell out. 

Is this a joke? All games sellout via season tickets except winter break games (whether students choose to go or not the seats are sold and not available for purchase).

Unless IU drastically changes the way they sell tickets this year (and I guess never say never but don't hold your breath) no tickets for Duke or any other game with students in session will have tickets released for sale to the general public.

I would check stub hub or some third party site but be prepared to pay very high price for this game or any other marquee game (you can fine some lower profile games fairly cheap on stubhub).     

7 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Is this a joke? All games sellout via season tickets except winter break games (whether students choose to go or not the seats are sold and not available for purchase).

Unless IU drastically changes the way they sell tickets this year (and I guess never say never but don't hold your breath) no tickets for Duke or any other game with students in session will have tickets released for sale to the general public.

I would check stub hub or some third party site but be prepared to pay very high price for this game or any other marquee game (you can fine some lower profile games fairly cheap on stubhub).     

Right, I see what you mean, yeah I did mean by a 3rd party like stubhub. Was wondering when the soonest they would be up for sale that way. I agree that with all the season ticket holders and students being there that getting them otherwise would be pretty much impossible. I usually take my family to non-conference games when most of the students are away on break and get them for decent prices on stubhub, but I'm definitely aware that the price for this game will be nowhere close to what I get the non-conference cupcake games for. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

The bigger question is "why are there Duke fans on this board?"

As for the game, call me a pessimist but I see: Davis will have 2 fouls before the first media timeout, Allen will have 17 FT attempts for the game and Dickie V will be physically humping Coach K's leg during the last 5mins of garbage time.

Yep. I like Archie, but IU lost a ton of talent. Even when Duke loses 5 Star talent, they just reload with more of the same. Hope Archie can get the win.

3 hours ago, VO5 said:

Reading the Duke boards is pretty funny. Most saying they will smoke us. I actually think we win that game, making it Archie's first big win at IU.

Gonna be a tough game.. The last three times we played them it really wasn't pretty. Especially that 2015 beat down. I was in the 5th row, center court for that game in 2005.. Amazing atmosphere, but a loss nonetheless.  

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree for the fact I don't think there are any Duke fans that can remember that time. They are an entirely new phenomena. Who is Duke's fan-base? Not alumni, they're are unicorns. Not the huge local support. Certainly not the teeming mass of Mike Gminski fans. Sorry no one even knew Duke existed before 1986. And the band-wagon didn't start loading up until the early 90's.  

You could literally make this argument about any program before they experienced success.

3 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Right, I see what you mean, yeah I did mean by a 3rd party like stubhub. Was wondering when the soonest they would be up for sale that way. I agree that with all the season ticket holders and students being there that getting them otherwise would be pretty much impossible. I usually take my family to non-conference games when most of the students are away on break and get them for decent prices on stubhub, but I'm definitely aware that the price for this game will be nowhere close to what I get the non-conference cupcake games for. 

No problem. Just making sure you understand how ticket distribution works at IU. Stub hub will generally have tickets up when season tickets get mailed in early fall and people start to post them there.

We didn't get this Duke matchup because of last year's play or this year's roster.

We got this game 100% because of IU brand.

It's time we start recruiting like the school we are branded to be.

Duke is expected to come in and blow our doors off as they should. We should not be playing these guys based on any reasonable metric besides $$.

It's about damn time we start acting like a Blueblood school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

YES!!!!!

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We didn't get this Duke matchup because of last year's play or this year's roster.

We got this game 100% because of IU brand.

It's time we start recruiting like the school we are branded to be.

Duke is expected to come in and blow our doors off as they should. We should not be playing these guys based on any reasonable metric besides $$.

It's about damn time we start acting like a Blueblood school.

We fired Crean that was the first step. 

4 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Man that's gonna be suuuuuuuper tough game early on road for my guys. Should be a hellacious crowd I really think IU takes this one. Should be a great one.

I'm with you but I think it will all be okay barring any idiocies that could or might occur this season.