Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

B1G/ACC Challenge

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Reading the Duke boards is pretty funny. Most saying they will smoke us. I actually think we win that game, making it Archie's first big win at IU.

If we do I imagine only because our experience and how early in the season.  

Early season game with a historically good program with hot new coach. Made for TV success.

This is a post from a Duke board and the guy nailed it imo. They knew what they were doing when they matched us again and it was all about the ratings. Looking forward to this game

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

This is a post from a Duke board and the guy nailed it imo. They knew what they were doing when they matched us again and it was all about the ratings. Looking forward to this game

We hired Archie hoping he would be the next coach K wonder if that narrative will get discussed. 

Early season game with a historically good program with hot new coach. Made for TV success.

Yep. On other boards and here I find Duke fans to be much better than UNC, UK, and UL fans. There is no denying we want our program to be where theirs is. They understand the historical aspect of us and what this matchup is. Hopefully it is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Assembly Hall will be in full effect versus a Duke team that will feature as starters:

• Three (highly regarded) freshmen
  • One sophomore who barely played as a freshman due to focus and immaturity issues
  • A senior guard who is incredibly infamous for immaturity issues

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Just now, mdn82 said:

Yep. On other boards and here I find Duke fans to be much better than UNC, UK, and UL fans. There is no denying we want our program to be where theirs is. They understand the historical aspect of us and what this matchup is. Hopefully it is a good one.

I think because a lot of Duke fans can remember when we had 5 more banners than them. They know that coaching matters. I know more than a few that are nervous as hell about replacing K. They have seen our struggles 

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It wasn't that long ago that they wanted their program to be like ours! And I feel that flip is coming again over the next 5-7 years.

55 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Very true. No offense to the Duke fans on this board but any IU fan that sells their tickets is a traitor. 

The bigger question is "why are there Duke fans on this board?"

As for the game, call me a pessimist but I see: Davis will have 2 fouls before the first media timeout, Allen will have 17 FT attempts for the game and Dickie V will be physically humping Coach K's leg during the last 5mins of garbage time.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think because a lot of Duke fans can remember when we had 5 more banners than them. They know that coaching matters. I know more than a few that are nervous as hell about replacing K. They have seen our struggles 

Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree for the fact I don't think there are any Duke fans that can remember that time. They are an entirely new phenomena. Who is Duke's fan-base? Not alumni, they're are unicorns. Not the huge local support. Certainly not the teeming mass of Mike Gminski fans. Sorry no one even knew Duke existed before 1986. And the band-wagon didn't start loading up until the early 90's.