Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

Ronnie Walker (RB) 2018 TO INDIANA!!!

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Signing early is SUCH an advantage.. I understand why kids don't want to, but damn.. big advantage if you do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Getting our 2 top kids to be signed early is big. Head is our 2nd best recruit by 247 composite and Walker is number 1. Walker and Ellison are gonna be a fun combo in the backfield bext year. 

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This is the pessimist view, but any chance this is an attempt to force the offer from X University? Are any other schools considered a serious threat?

Doesn't sound like it. I was just meaning, since it is football and being our highest recruit I figured some may worry he would flip. Told me this morning he is very excited to be a Hoosier and will as soon as he can. Don't have an exact date yet. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Do you know anyone else who else is signing early? Are we looking at any JUCO?

We are still actively recruiting, but won't take a bunch more kids. I have only spoken with a handful of kids so far about signing. I know Ivy, McCabe and Rodgers may wait till spring. Will try to update as much as I can. 

Getting our 2 top kids to be signed early is big. Head is our 2nd best recruit by 247 composite and Walker is number 1. Walker and Ellison are gonna be a fun combo in the backfield bext year. 

Don't forget Gest though man. He has been impressive. Change of pace.. Devonte Williams as well. We are finally starting to get our RBs more involved in other ways.

Walker was always going to sign early and enroll early just depended on where he chose to go. There's several on D that will be early enrollee I believe. Along with the JUCO QB we are going after. He will also be an early enroll from what I've read. 

48 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Walker was always going to sign early and enroll early just depended on where he chose to go. There's several on D that will be early enrollee I believe. Along with the JUCO QB we are going after. He will also be an early enroll from what I've read. 

He isn't sure if he will enroll early yet. Talked to him this morning and that is the plan but not set in stone. People need to remember there is a early signing period now this year. Not just for early enrollees. I expect at least 6-10 guys too though. Walker being among them. Rodgers was also supposed to be an early enrollee and now doesn't think it will happen. Said he will do what Coach Shelby thinks is best basically. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Don't forget Gest though man. He has been impressive. Change of pace.. Devonte Williams as well. We are finally starting to get our RBs more involved in other ways.

Certainly won't. Our backfield is set. I do expect Devonte Williams to move to WR next year, but things could change. News came out that Simmie is gonna go through all the senior stuff so he may leave but with Westbrook and Hale returning as well as Philyor and Mack give us plenty of weapons. Fant did the same thing Cobbs is doing this year though so don't close the door yet. Lots of PT will be available on D which is where most of the early enrollees will come from as Lucel said.

Certainly won't. Our backfield is set. I do expect Devonte Williams to move to WR next year, but things could change. News came out that Simmie is gonna go through all the senior stuff so he may leave but with Westbrook and Hale returning as well as Philyor and Mack give us plenty of weapons. Fant did the same thing Cobbs is doing this year though so don't close the door yet. Lots of PT will be available on D which is where most of the early enrollees will come from as Lucel said.

Don't think Simmie has shown enough yet to go pro. So do we not think Timian will come back to school?.. I really hope he does. If he doesn't, I think Williams could be behind Whop at Slot.. if LT does come back I think he stays at RB.

I thought he had his moments catching the ball out of the backfield as a third down back, but if Sampson is now option 1B until Scott is gone, it makes sense. I enjoyed watching Ronnie play for us and wish him the best. He brought a lot of passion to the team when he saw the field.