Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Thad Matta OUT @ OSU

You just hope that Archie is as happy to be at IU as we are to have him. I hope that deep down in the back of his mind, he's not thinking, "Damn. I wish I had waited for that Ohio State gig." ... I'm guessing (hoping) he is happy in B-town, though. ... Because many automatically assumed that since he went to N.C. State, he'd want that job when it opened. He didn't. And since he was a Matta assistant, many automatically assumed that he'd want to coach at OSU. And it's possible he didn't want a return there. 

If he truly wanted the OSU job I think he would have left. Does that look really bad and have an entire state hate you for the rest of your life yes, but if he truly desired the OSU job that's a personal decision and personal dream job you take it, that opportunity is only going to present itself once.

Archie knows what it means to be at IU and have the chance to truly make IU great again and become the new face of the resurrected Hoosiers.

48 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Archie knows what it means to be at IU and have the chance to truly make IU great again and become the new face of the resurrected Hoosiers.

Archie knows where the high water mark is historically highest.

National Championships:

Indiana=5

Rest of B1G and State of Indiana combined=5 :103: