Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PG Jeremiah Francis to UNC

Pickerington, OH (Pickerington Central)

6-3 / 190

Scout

ESPN

Rivals

A former Dayton offer who CAM is continuing to recruit here at Indiana. Son of Ohio state graduates and from Pickerington. Plays for Indiana Elite in AAU.

From Scout:

One of the best performers at point guard in the 2019 class all spring has been Jeremiah Francis. Running with Indiana Elite, Francis has shown a high IQ and improved skills all spring long, and he remains a priority recruit for heavy hitters all around the Midwest.

"The spring I think went really well," said Francis. "This has been my first spring with Indiana Elite and it has gone really well, so it has been a lot of fun."

On the recruiting trail Francis has scholarship offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Purdue, Iowa, Butler and others, and with his play continuing to improve, more offers could be on the way.

One school that Francis is extremely familiar with is Ohio State. He is the son of two former Ohio State athletes, and has known assistant Chris Jent for years.

About the Buckeyes, Francis said, "Coach Jent says if I come to Ohio State they will let me go and I will run the program. My dad and Coach Jent have a really tight relationship, and I am tight with Coach Jent as well. All of the coaches just say I will be a point guard who runs the team from day one."

Also the West Virginia Mountaineers have been in close contact. Francis is taking a strong look at the program and is fond of Bob Huggins and his staff.

"It’s West Virginia," said Francis of the program. "Coach Huggins is a Hall of Fame coach and lets his guards play. They play my style which is up and down, and it is hard to say no to a Hall of Fame coach when he wants you, so I think West Virginia would be a good situation for me."

One school that has picked things up recently is Indiana. Archie Miller had offered Francis when at Dayton, and now he is continuing the recruitment at Indiana.

"I have heard from Coach Bruiser (Flint)," said Francis. "They saw me in Atlanta and have been contacting me ever since."

He continued about Indiana, "I know they really had it going at Dayton and Coach Miller is a really good coach. I went to a few of their practices at Dayton, and they do a lot of skill work and Coach Miller is a really good guy."

For now Francis says he is in no hurry to decide on a school. He doesn't know where, but he does know he will take some visits in June and continue to learn about all of the schools recruiting him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Visit recap:

Four-star class of 2019 point guard Jeremiah Francis made his first visit to Indiana over the weekend for the IU team camp.

The 6-foot-1 prospect from Pickerington (Ohio) Central camp away impressed.
Francis played games in Assembly Hall and Cook Hall, and got to see some of the IU campus with IU coach Archie Miller and his assistants.
“It’s crazy,” said the No. 62nd-ranked prospect in the 2019 class. “Assembly Hall is crazy. I see it all the time on TV, but I didn’t expect it to be like this. I know this place is filled every night. This campus is amazing.
“Coach said there are 17,000 screaming every night. I picture that in my head. Assembly Hall is crazy.”
Francis was offered a scholarship while on campus at IU.
The IU coaches have been tracking Francis, who had an outstanding spring with the Indiana Elite AAU program on the adidas Gauntlet circuit.
“They saw me in one of the adidas sessions. I happened to play well. I know I caught one of the assistant coaches’ eyes. They’re starting to pick it up heavy right now.
“They like how I play. They feel I play a good style of basketball, which is fast. They want me to be a point guard. They like the way I get down hill, getting to the basket, using my body to my advantage.”
A stoutly built point guard, Francis was very good in April and May with Indiana Elite, and followed that with a strong showing over the weekend in the Archie Miller team camp.
A number of schools are involved with Francis at the moment.
“Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, UNC (North Carolina) has talked to me, Virginia, some other schools in the Big 12 and Big Ten,” he said.
Francis said he has been on campus at Indiana, North Carolina, West Virginia, Ohio State and Purdue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Jeremiah Francis, the 6-foot-3 point guard from Pickerington Central (OH) High School, spoke with D1VISION on Thursday about his top ten schools, which he released last week. He broke down each school for D1VISION:

West Virginia: “I love West Virginia. Coach [Bob] Huggins and the whole staff have been there from the beginning. That’s what I really appreciate about it. It’s my style of play, that fast, up and down play. They really love their tough guards and I think I’m tough enough for Coach Huggins.”

Indiana: Great staff. I met coach [Archie] Miller when he was at Dayton. He’s a great guy. He loves gym rats and I think I’d be great at Indiana. Coach Miller is a great guy.”

North Carolina: “It speaks for itself. Coach Roy [Williams] really loves his point guards. 800 plus wins, multiple final fours, and four national championships. You can’t go wrong with North Carolina. Coach Williams really loves his point guards which is what I like about UNC as well.”

Purdue: “I’ve built a great relationship with coach [Matt] Painter. They have really great guys. Purdue is a place where you know you’re going to get better as a person and player, on and off the court. The Purdue fans really love basketball and it really gets crazy in that arena.”

Florida State: “Coach [Charlton] Young is a great guy. They love their point guards as well. I really like Florida State basketball.”

Missouri: “I met Coach [Cuonzo] Martin not too long ago. He’s a great guy. He told me that he really lets his point guards play and that’s what I care about. I like hearing what he has to say about their style of play.”

Iowa: I like to talk to Coach Fran [McCaffery] and while I know I’d be far from home, it’d be a great place to be at. They play the same style as me, getting up and down.”

TCU: Coach [Jamie] Dixon saw me play not too long ago and he really fell in love with me. I really like coach Dixon as well. He really puts point guards in a lot of pick-and-roll situations which I like. He lets his point guards play. He’s a great guy and they’re a great staff.”

Ohio State: “I’ve always loved Ohio State. They’re my hometown and I know that my family would be able to see me play. Coach [Ryan] Pedon is a very nice and organized guy. They always know what they’re talking about. They want leaders on and off the court. I know that if I went to Ohio State, I’d be a better person.”

Dayton: “Coach Anthony [Grant] has a lot of NBA players. Coach [James] Kane on his staff had Cameron Payne and he had Russell Westbrook, so they really know how to get guys to the NBA. They put their point guards in a lot of pick-and-roll situations and let them play. They have a lot of leaders. They really know what they’re talking about when it comes to point guards.”

Francis, who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 61 overall player in the Class of 2019, does not have any upcoming visits planned and does not have a timetable for when he plans to commit. However, Francis knows exactly what he’s looking for in a school, as he said, “I’m looking for a place that is a second home to me and where I know I’ll be a better person and player. I just want to be welcomed, like it’s a family.”

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Moments ago from Brian Snow:   Four-star point guard Jeremiah Francis has committed to North Carolina.

A lot can happen to North Carolina in the next year before he can sign.