Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

13 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

He's visiting UConn, which has a clear cut point guard in Jalen Adams (he averaged 6 assists per game and he'll only be a junior next year).  Utah's point guard spot is wide open....their starter graduated and the player who would have stepped into the spot was suspended at the end of the year and transferred to NC State.   Keenan Evans is the point guard at Texas Tech, although he's a shoot first guy.....but he'll be back as a senior next year.  If Moretti is simply looking for playing time next season, Utah is a no brainer.  I would think with the mix of schools he choose to visit, it's not all about playing time next year.

Yeah I'm sure exposure is a big factor too. How often to you see Utah on national tv?

He can play off the ball too so I wouldn't count any of these schools out. From afar we probably look like the worst option with our guards, but he would see time. At least 15-18 MPG which would be enough to be seen. How he contributes will decide if those numbers go up.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

On 5/30/2017 at 0:45 PM, ThompsonHoosier said:

Yeah I'm sure exposure is a big factor too. How often to you see Utah on national tv?

To be fair, with today's NBA it doesn't really matter where you play.  If you can play,they'll find you.  And today's Utah is in a power conference anyway, so he would be facing quality competition.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:43 PM, brumdog45 said:

To be fair, with today's NBA it doesn't really matter where you play.  If you can play,they'll find you.  And today's Utah is in a power conference anyway, so he would be facing quality competition.

More about building a brand for a better marketing revenue stream 

Moretti picking Texas Tech over Utah, UCONN, and IU (3 good basketball schools) tells me that this decision was purely about immediate playing time and exposure. Plenty of great point and combo guards in '18 for IU to keep recruiting. 

This guy played in some big moments for Texas Tech in the tournament.  He probably would have provided good guard depth for us this year and into the future.  Not saying yet that it was a bad miss by Archie, but he appears more skilled than Durham and a little steadier than Green.

This guy played in some big moments for Texas Tech in the tournament.  He probably would have provided good guard depth for us this year and into the future.  Not saying yet that it was a bad miss by Archie, but he appears more skilled than Durham and a little steadier than Green.

He had a spot available for him. Durham and Green could have came along with this kid. We filled the last spot with Race. He didn’t come to 3 basketball schools. Instead ended up at TT. Better fit for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app