Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 2017 B1G Tournament

35 minutes ago, Aaron said:

That speaks volumes to how far the program has come in a good way. Not that you were watching but that a restaurant was aware enough to even have the game on. Unless you were at a sports bar BTN is not exactly a go to channel for a normal restaurant,

I was at the Crazy Horse here in Bloomington. There were a decent number of people that seemed to be paying attention to the game

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I was at the Crazy Horse here in Bloomington. There were a decent number of people that seemed to be paying attention to the game

That's my point. Not exactly a sports bar and the fact people were watching and paying attention is such a step forward for program compared to 5-10 years ago its unbelievable. Now lets win at a high enough level to keep it that way.

Prediction: We get the 3 seed in either Louisville or Lexington with Missouri State or Vandy our 2 given geography being only RPI teams that high near those regionals. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

That's my point. Not exactly a sports bar and the fact people were watching and paying attention is such a step forward for program compared to 5-10 years ago its unbelievable. Now lets win at a high enough level to keep it that way.

Be more significant if not in Btown 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Be more significant if not in Btown 

I was in Malibu Grill in Btown during Big Ten Tourney in 08 (I moved to Indy in 2010 from Bloomington) and no one even paid attention besides me and I had to ask just to turn it on so its definitely progress.

Well looks like Big Ten will get a 5th team with Iowa and Northwestern in championship. Hope Iowa wins. Nothing I hate more than a mediocre barely .500 team like Northwestern having a bad year than winning a conference tourney for undeserved NCAA bid.

Iowa is gonna win so while they are not great far less embarrassing for the conference than Northwestern getting in (basically the equivalent of when we thieved a bid in 09 with a slow start and a strong finish winning conf tourney).

Big Ten as 7th ranked conference should have no problem justifying putting 5 teams in and if they can't, we are in better shape than Maryland with a head to head series win, a 9 spot better RPI and one more top 50 win (I still think all 5 get in without a problem but if someone gets left out by Iowa getting in it will be Maryland and not us).

I only found 67 remotely deserving teams in all of College Baseball (and that included every possible bid thief and auto bid) and a lot more than 3 have worse resumes than any of the 5 Big Ten teams (besides Iowa who has auto bid) who should get in.