Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) G Chanel Wilson to Bethune Cookman

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/05/iuwbb-indiana-adds-18-guard-chanel-wilson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Indiana picked up its second 2018 commit Thursday night with Georgia’s Chanel Wilson.

Wilson, a 5-foot-7 guard from Powder Springs, Ga., averaged 12.9 points, 5.0 assists and 2.1 steals per game in 24 games as a junior for McEachern High School. She tore her ACL in January, but her team went on to win a fourth straight state championship.

Wilson was on campus this past October for Hoosier Hysteria. Along with Louisville’s Grace Berger, the Hoosiers now have two guards as part of its 2018 class. IU has room to add as many as six players in ’18, but it’s more realistic to think this class will have four or five players.

Wilson adds a guard with a willingness to shoot the 3. She went 59-of-160, or 37 percent, from beyond the arc as a junior. She may be somewhat under the radar playing alongside Quanniecia Morrison, a five-star guard headed to Georgia in the fall.

First team preseason all-state.

https://sandysspiel.com/ghsa-2017-18-girls-preseason-state/

G – Za’nautica Downs, Colquitt County, Sr.
G – Chanel Wilson, McEachern, Sr.
G – Asia McCoy, Archer, Sr.
F – Simone Lett, Westlake, Sr.
F – Taylor Hosendove, Westlake, Sr.

@BlueStarMedia1: HOOPLA: Blue Star Media Elite 25 preseason girls' basketball rankings; Duncanville (TX), Riverdale (TN) top teams: http://www.bluestarmedia.org/hoopla-blue-star-media-elite-25-preseason-girls-basketball-rankings-duncanville-tx-riverdale-tn-top-teams/

MCEACHERN, POWDER SPRINGS, GA. (26-6)

Quick Hitters: Though the Indians graduated talent more is waiting in the wings with junior G Victoria Agyin (6.6 ppg) and 5-10 Jasmine Carson, a transfer from Memphis (Tenn.) Central, known to stretch the defense from 3-point land. Indiana-bound 5-6 Chanel Wilson (12.9 ppg, 5.0 apg) is the catalyst and Jewel Smalls (Kennesaw State) also returns. Freshman Denim DeShields and sophomore transfer Mikaylyn Glover are key additions for the defending Class AAAAAAA champions, who have won four straight titles.

Jon Blau:  IU 2018 recruit from McEachern High (GA) has been out of action since a knee injury suffered during her junior season..

Wilson's tweet:  The major comeback is starting today I Thank God for giving me the strength to play again. thank him for all the ups and downs he’s put me through to get me to this point i feel stronger than ever. I’m ready Now ... i gotta bag to secure

We have a nugget!

@JHillsman: McEachern ladies wins its 6th in a row w/52-48 victory over North Cobb. Chanel Wilson/Jewel Smalls 10 Carson 9 for McE. Azonya Austin 15 Sydney Thomas 11 Walker/Solomon 8 for NC #HSBBG @SUVtv @danitjackson @GaHoopCircle

Tough break here.

http://www.mdjonline.com/sports/mceachern-girls-take-key-injuries-into-trip-to-norcross-rematch/article_d458edca-1a93-11e8-bd85-ffc93a6fef5f.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

McEachern’s girls basketball team is facing adversity at the worst time of year.

The four-time defending state champion Lady Indians are facing a tough enough test with Wednesday’s Class AAAAAAA state quarterfinal at a Norcross team looking for payback after coming up short to McEachern in last year’s title game. However, the Lady Indians (21-5) will have to take on the Lady Blue Devils (25-3) without forward Kemia Ward, who suffered a torn ACL during the fourth quarter of McEachern’s 81-53 win over Tift County in the second round Thursday.

McEachern may also be without Chanel Wilson, who also left the game with a knee injury. Wilson was scheduled to get an MRI today, coach Phyllis Arthur said, and her status for Wednesday’s game is uncertain.

From HoosierSportsReport.com:   Chanel Wilson, 5-6, PG, Powder Springs, Ga., 2018:  Suffered second ACL tear in as many years in the second round of the state tournament, and McEachern had its streak of four straight state titles stopped in the semifinals last Saturday.

Not a good omen for her IU career.

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From HoosierSportsReport.com:   Chanel Wilson, 5-6, PG, Powder Springs, Ga., 2018:  Suffered second ACL tear in as many years in the second round of the state tournament, and McEachern had its streak of four straight state titles stopped in the semifinals last Saturday.

Not a good omen for her IU career.

Wonder if she could redshirt and rehab a year?