Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

We are so asleep at the wheel its not even funny. Some of the worst played defense I have ever seen in 1st inning by IU gives OSU a free run. First Gorski misplayed an easy grounder that went in outfield under his glove. OSU tried to do us a favor by their runner at 2nd stopping at 3rd for no apparent reason but we didn't take the generosity and instead dropped the throw at 2nd on an attempted steal later in the inning that led to a run.

We are facing another terrible pitcher but that does not always mean anything and again our offense is struggling. Unfortunate we didn't get two runs in 1st because off a great diving catch robbing Luke Miller of a double. Long way to go but we better wake up on both sides of game because right now we look out of it.

Let's recap the big inning:

Butler started with a single to left, than Lloyd singled to right, Sowers singled to left field gap to tie game with Lloyd going to 3rd, Dedelow hit a high chopper to 1st for a ground out that scored Lloyd, Miller hit an RBI double down the right field line scoring Sowers, Krupa beat out an infield single when pitcher forgot to cover 1st, Gorski hit an RBI triple to left field gap to score 2 and was tagged out at 3rd but ump called him safe, Matheny walked, Houston scored Gorski on a suicide squeeze, Butler doubled down the left field line into the corner scoring Matheny before the inning finally ended on a Lloyd flyout.

In all 7 runs on 7 hits and 11 man to plate. Great job!

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Do you BTN2go ccgeneral that you are watching like me or do you just have the free radio and live stats?

Live stats and radio. Took a bit before my radio started working.

Clearly neither pitcher bothered to show as OSU scores 3 more to make it 7-4 after 3.

By the way any stat you look at we are clearly second most followed baseball program in Big Ten behind Nebraska by a lot since Bart Kaufman opened. IU and Nebraska only Big Ten teams to rank in top 50 in attendance last 5 years and also IU 2nd to Nebraska in twitter followers with 29,000 6k ahead of Michigan who is third with 23,000. OSU stadium is empty tonight.

7 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Live stats and radio. Took a bit before my radio started working.

Ah I pay the $100 each year for all sport BTN2go for IU (that and my basketball season tickets are my main IU related expenses each year) so that is how my description is a bit more detailed since I am actually watching most of time.