Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Ohio State

I been busy and thought this started tomorrow. We wrap up the regular season against the Buckeyes. Go Hoosiers!

RPI: IU 31 (30-19-2, 12-8-1); OSU 149 (21-32, 7-14)

Thursday - 6:30 p.m. ET - RHP Jonathan Stiever (3-3, 3.90), OSU - LHP Connor Curlis (4-3, 4.20)  -  Live Stats L 7-4
Friday - 6:30 p.m. ET - RHP Pauly Milto (5-3, 3.54), OSU - RHP Jake Post (1-6, 4.32) - Live Stats W 8-4
Saturday - Noon ET - RHP Cal Krueger (3-1, 3.61), OSU - TBA - Live Stats W 4-3

Preview

Radio

B1G Standings

We seem to have real issues hitting in the first game of a series. PSU, Xavier, Michigan and Minnesota we couldn't do anything in series opener and that is 4 times in 5 series and now 5 in 6 if this keeps up tonight. By the 2nd game of series our bats get going but the opener seems to have become a problem for our offense. What is frustrating about tonight is these other teams had solid aces but OSU really does not have anyone good so it seems to be more about our approach in first game of a series than the pitcher we face.

Dedelow has turned into Schwarber without the high batting avg this year. He has now matched Schwarber's 14 HR's in 2014 and 4 off his 18 in 2013. However, big difference is Schwarber hit in the mid to high .300's while Dedelow around .250. What I don't get is Dedelow has always been a .300 hitter his first three years with minimal HR's versus this year he swings for the fences every time instead of trying to make solid contact which results in more long balls but also a lot more flyouts. I wonder if he thinks hitting more home runs with a lower average will result in a higher draft spot because like I said his approach has completely changed.

Another difference is Schwarber's home run's often went much much farther in distance.

What is going on tonight?

Nebraska falls to PSU. Michigan falls to MSU. Minny trails PU in 7th. Also non conference but still Maryland fell to High Point who is 133 in RPI. Clearly we are not only team having trouble and this is bad for conferences ncaa tourney hopes as a whole.

However, we lost only 8 spots in RPI with home loss to a much lower ranked PSU team at home last week so I am assuming a loss to a higher ranked OSU team on road will probably cost no more than the 4 spots gained beating Louisville. In 2015 our RPI was 35 when we got at large bid so as long as we win last 2 in series and get a game in Big Ten Tourney I think we are OK. 

Only 2 spots in RPI from 29 to 31 so loss not a huge deal and still in good position from NCAA tourney perspective.

Only problem is Iowa won so we are locked into the 6 seed basically as there are 2 games spaced between us on either side so we would need to win out and someone lose out (Iowa or Michigan) to move up or lose out and have NW or PU win out to fall to 7th or 8th. Obviously our Big Ten tourney seed has zero impact on our NCAA tourney prospects but it does mean bearing weather we play at 10am Wednesday when a lot less fans can come. After that it is up to us as a win lets us play at 5pm next day which isn't bad and than a bye till 1:30pm Saturday if we win again. Lose and we continue in morning . The only unfortunate (but minimal impact in the grander scheme of things) impact tonight after it all is said and done is basically knowing we are 6 seed for Big Ten Tourney.