Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

OG Anunoby - New York Knicks

Just now, HoosierDYT said:

I personally would value a Hart, Kuzma, and picks trade over what the Raptors gave up. Same with anything from the Clippers and Sixers.

The Spurs weren't going to trade him to the Lakers. They are ultimately hoping he stays out East so they don't have to face him every year unless they were blown away by an offer. Also, the Lakers pretty much said Kuzma was off limits. I'm not sure what the Clip or Sixers could have offered. Sixers obviously weren't going to trade Simmons or Embid and Fultz seems like a huge risk this early in the game. Clip seemed like they had a disfunctional roster although just invested in two 1st rounders this year. 

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

The Spurs weren't going to trade him to the Lakers. They are ultimately hoping he stays out East so they don't have to face him every year unless they were blown away by an offer. Also, the Lakers pretty much said Kuzma was off limits. I'm not sure what the Clip or Sixers could have offered. Sixers obviously weren't going to trade Simmons or Embid and Fultz seems like a huge risk this early in the game. Clip seemed like they had a disfunctional roster although just invested in two 1st rounders this year. 

While that's all true I would rather have younger prospects and picks than a semi-star in Derozan. Spurs can't make the Finals with him still in his prime as their best player

17 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

While that's all true I would rather have younger prospects and picks than a semi-star in Derozan. Spurs can't make the Finals with him still in his prime as their best player

I agree it's how the Celtics got so good although that trade was incredibly lopsided from the onset. Spurs probably could have made this deal if Kawai hadn't been so outspoken about going to the Lakers after this upcoming season. Teams don't want to sacrifice future for a one year rental especially when Golden State will still be better than them even with Kawai (Boston being the only exception here). 

And yes, Spurs will have to add another star when most hit free agency next season. They at least are a more attractive option with Derozan there versus getting basically nothing for Kawai.  

OG Anunoby Injury Update

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday that forward OG Anunoby had an emergency appendectomy after being diagnosed with acute appendicitis. The successful surgery was performed in Toronto on Thursday evening at Mount Sinai Hospital. There is no timeline for Anunoby’s return and his condition will be updated as appropriate.

Anunoby appeared in 67 games for the Raptors this season, averaging 7.0 points, 2.9 rebounds and 20.2 minutes. He scored in double figures 15 times, with two 20-point games.

OG with another solid game last night 24pts, 5 reb, 10/13 fg%, 4/7 from 3, before being poked in the eye for the second time in the 3rd quarter. Sat out the 4th but was still cleared to play! Way to go OG!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s more than a solid game! Can we get the 80’s/90’s goggles for some of these players? I always associated that look with the team enforcer.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Bossi just did his biggest misses list of the decade.

Vic and OG made the all-miss team of the decade.

But we all knew that.

One of the list of things Crean did well. Getting diamonds in the rough. Unfortunately the list of things he didn’t do well was long too.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bossi just did his biggest misses list of the decade.

Vic and OG made the all-miss team of the decade.

But we all knew that.

One of the list of things Crean did well. Getting diamonds in the rough. Unfortunately the list of things he didn’t do well was long too.

Agree he found a couple of diamonds in the rough but he also found a number of clods of clay.