Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

James Blackmon Jr - KSK Basket (Turkey)

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Heard this news this weekend. This is a great move for JBJ.

Hearing Jalen is a beast and still hoping for UK or Duke offer.

Vijay is rolling with IUBB again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Disappointing about Jalen to say the least

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Eh, he’s young and those schools have the cool factor. Maybe Archie will build a monster. Vijay gives them an inside track to appeal to the family.

I'm honestly surprised Vijay is sticking around.  With almost no playing time last year and the incoming freshmen class, it's hard to imagine anything different for him this year.  

I'm honestly surprised Vijay is sticking around.  With almost no playing time last year and the incoming freshmen class, it's hard to imagine anything different for him this year.  

I think they are realistic. I believe he was playing at Saint Francis before. Walk on at Indiana with no playing time has to be way more fun than starting for St. Francis. Plus a premium education.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I've lost track but I think you may be right.  But even so, hard to imagine he'll see much playing time this season - IMO.

Shame because I think he actually could've gotten some minutes last year since we needed shooting so badly. You're right I doubt he sees any meaningful time this year and beyond.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, InArchWeTrust said:

This today -   James Blackmon Jr., who is currently playing in Italy, will be headed west when he suits up for G-League games this year. Blackmon Jr.’s returning player rights were acquired by the South Bay Lakers in exchange for the rights to Notre Dame alum V.J. Beachem.

This today -   James Blackmon Jr., who is currently playing in Italy, will be headed west when he suits up for G-League games this year. Blackmon Jr.’s returning player rights were acquired by the South Bay Lakers in exchange for the rights to Notre Dame alum V.J. Beachem.

Both Fort Wayne guys. 2 of the better ones from Fort Wayne in the last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Staying in Italy but switching teams per the Crimson Quarry --

James Blackmon Jr. will continue his basketball career in Italy after signing with Aquila Basket Trento, according to a tweet from the Pianeta Basket Twitter account on Friday.

The sharpshooter averaged 19.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.5 three pointers per game last season while playing for Pesaro in the same league as his new team, Lega Basket Series A.

After signing Blackmon Jr, head coach Nicola Brienza shared some thoughts:

“Blackmon è un giocatore che siamo davvero molto felici di aver portato a Trento: ha caratteristiche e qualità tecniche che lo rendono un eccellente profilo da affiancare a Craft e agli altri esterni che abbiamo nel roster, e pur essendo molto giovane ha fatto vedere lo scorso anno, con una grande stagione a Pesaro, di poter essere un tassello importante in una squadra ambiziosa.”

If you don’t speak Italian, and you probably don’t, Brienza (roughly) said that he’s happy to have Blackmon on the team, thinks he fits nicely with the rest of the roster, and says “he can be an important piece to an ambitious team.”

The Lega Basket Serie A season is set to begin on September 25.

NOTE TO MODS - Change of title for this thread would be in order.  [bunch of slackers - lol]
Q and A with JBJ from Inside The Hall
https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/04/15/q-a-catching-up-with-former-iu-guard-james-blackmon-jr/

My brother used to do the same thing on 2K. Franchise mode and fantasy draft. We could do like 6-7 seasons a day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

James Blackmon Jr. has signed a contract to play in Turkey for Beşiktaş J.K.  The 6'4" combo guard has had an impressive overseas career in just two years since leaving Indiana University. This past season, in 21 Lega Serie A games, he averaged 14.0 points per game and shot nearly 44% from three-point range.

In three games so far this season, the team is 0-3 and will be counting on Blackmon Jr. (who flies to Istanbul on   Sunday) to be their top scorer.

"I've put in a lot of work this summer," Blackmon told me. “I'm excited for the next step in the journey."

In high school, the sharpshooter was a McDonald's All-American, and in college, he averaged over 16 points on 41.5% shooting from three-point range in 73 games for the Hoosiers.