Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

South End Zone Expansion/Stadium Renovation Thread

3 hours ago, RBB89 said:

Yep. To me, unlocked door = access.

8-9 yrs ago, we were driving through Lincoln, NE and I made the family stop so I can check out the UoN football stadium.  As luck would have it, there was construction going on and one gate was wide open.  I had full field access.  No one asked questions, I just walked around like I owned the place (rocking an IU tshirt and flip-flops of course).  My wife was pretty POed that she and the kids were left sitting in the car for 30 minutes, but hey, opportunities such as that don't happen too often, so I took full advantage!

• New Premium Seating/Hospitality Options: In addition to two new suites in the press box, the Henke Hall of Champions will also add a new season ticket fan amenity through a "club" experience, including theatre-style outdoor seating and inside access to all-inclusive food and beverage, big screen TVs and the like. The Tobias Nutrition Center, meanwhile, will serve as a new and improved gameday hospitality area for Hoosier Hundred and above Varsity Club members, similar to how the Hoosier Room had been utilized in the past.

• Capacity: It was a goal of the Excellence Academy and Improved Accessibility projects to be roughly capacity neutral which was attained with a new official Memorial Stadium capacity of 52,656, a less than 0.6% change from the previous capacity of 52,929.

• The Terry Tallen Indiana Football Complex: With construction soon to start and opening next fall, this 25,000 square foot, multi-million dollar football-only renovation located in Memorial Stadium will include a dramatically enhanced Trent and Julie Green Locker Room and Dr. John N. Miller training room as well as a new team lounge/recruiting area, coaches locker room, and enhanced equipment room.
  • Football Team Room Renovation: To be completed before this year's home opener, the Football Team Room will be completely renovated including state-of-the-art seating, new carpeting and other amenities. 

• New Memorial Stadium Command Center: To help facilitate football gameday management of traffic and parking, as well as other public safety issues, a new and improved Memorial Stadium Command Center has been built out on the 7thFloor of the press box. In addition to IU Athletics staff, representatives from IU Emergency Management, IUPD, IU Health and ESG Security, among others, will be working out of the Command Center. 

• Branding: Consistent with the new IU Athletics Brand and Uniform Guidelines to be unveiled this fall, new color, graphics, and banners are being installed at Memorial Stadium, inside and out. 
  • Knothole Park at Sample Terrace presented by Aggressively Organic: The next iteration of the Knothole Park Legacy, this open-to-all venue located atop the Excellence Academy will be a key feature of our family friendly football Saturdays, including Chocolate Moose ice cream provided for free by IU Athletics for 12-and-under "Knothole Club" members, as well as a 3-D selfie station, mini-quarterback throwing game, mini-field goal kicking game, IU face painting booth, and stadium concessions. 
FREE CHOCOLATE MOOSE