Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

South End Zone Expansion/Stadium Renovation Thread

On 5/18/2017 at 10:06 PM, RBB89 said:

Credit to awaHoosier over at TheHoosier for these:

North end zone scoreboard removal/ new video board about to go up:

IMG_6957.JPG

The last remnants of the chain-link fence will soon be gone as that will be where the concourses connect. The nearest portion of the photo is where the loading dock will be, which will thankfully now be much more hidden:

IMG_6958.JPG

F9EDE9F6-4D5B-48D5-BF53-FCE3D1CBF85D.jpg

39 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

you mean the flag pole is still there?

f3f01d7c95493798807aef43213a071b_1000-im

Yep they aren't moving it. Sorry.

Although now that there's going to be a video screen in both end zones, I don't really see how there's an issue.

Depends on how they use them.  If they have both boards doing the same thing then not as much of an issue.

Plus, i think the north end zone one is smaller.

It's too bad they won't just put the pole outside the stadium.  Given how tall it is, people could still see the flag.

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Depends on how they use them.  If they have both boards doing the same thing then not as much of an issue.

Plus, i think the north end zone one is smaller.

It's too bad they won't just put the pole outside the stadium.  Given how tall it is, people could still see the flag.

The north board will be smaller, but both will show the same thing. No different than a basketball game. South will be 40x90 and north will be 20x60 (look at Louisville's for a sense of how big that is).

https://ourindiana.exposure.co/iu-excellence-academy-renderings

Just a better way to view all of the renderings, as the IU website's photo gallery feature can often be difficult to work with and view in a high quality. One cool thing about the terrace level is that there will be 2 concession stands: one normal stand, and another one under an overhang in kind of an open grill type set up. And restrooms of course. I believe there will be two elevators and two sets of steps to get up there.

IMG_7075.PNG

IMG_7076.PNG

North and south video boards were awarded to Panasonic, we've gone with Daktronics in the past.

The sound system upgrade is now up for bid. I'd link it but there's not really anything you can look at other than a list of what they're wanting to put in, and I'm not a sound guy so I have no idea what any of it means. A lot of times they don't let you look at the plans anymore on the plan room website.

We were able to push teams because of Wilsons offense. The speed threw people off. Allen will run a much slower offense. And with an unproven run game. I'd be surprised if we won 5-6. You just can't recruit as poorly as Indiana does and win 8 games in CFB. You can't recruit as poorly as Indiana does and then expect to win miracle games. We got close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Indiana already has a weight room the size of menards. Not much more can be done. The football program just isn't good and historically one of the worst. I don't think we even have a winning record over a single Big Ten team. And it isn't like we're setting the Big Ten on fire the last two years. We're 6-10. Indiana football will always be "don't sleep on them or they'll make it close and give you a scare."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Someone get this Purdoosh out of here, please.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know this has been a big point of discussion for many years on here and in Bloomington, so I thought I would share this. Steve Smyers will be the architect for the upcoming renovation of the course. The project will go to the Board of Trustees later this month, and construction will begin in the fall. The project is expected to be complete in the fall of 2019. The last info I saw estimated that the cost would be $11 million.

http://www.stevesmyers.com/currentprojects.html

I know this has been a big point of discussion for many years on here and in Bloomington, so I thought I would share this. Steve Smyers will be the architect for the upcoming renovation of the course. The project will go to the Board of Trustees later this month, and construction will begin in the fall. The project is expected to be complete in the fall of 2019. The last info I saw estimated that the cost would be $11 million.

http://www.stevesmyers.com/currentprojects.html

Thanks for sharing the info. I had a membership for several years and enjoyed playing there. It was beyond the point where it would be beneficial to put money into it without a complete overhaul. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will become and how it might impact the golf program. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing by the time it's completed.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Thanks for sharing the info. I had a membership for several years and enjoyed playing there. It was beyond the point where it would be beneficial to put money into it without a complete overhaul. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will become and how it might impact the golf program. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing by the time it's completed.

http://www.stevesmyers.com/IU Concept Route 12-2-16.pdf

(Click the link for higher resolution)

IMG_7374.PNG

I'll go ahead and post these over here too...

New wrestling/volleyball facility final design approval will be submitted to the board of trustees next week. Construction should begin in the fall and be complete by the fall of 2019. Renderings should be posted during the meeting on twitter. I believe the final estimated cost is around $17 million.  The only remaining campaign project is the Armstrong Stadium soccer renovation, and that is still awaiting a major gift. 

Golf course project approval will be submitted for the Board of Trustees as well. Final design approval should be submitted at the next meeting after this. Cost is $12 million:

IMG_7525.PNG

IMG_7526.PNG