Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

South End Zone Expansion/Stadium Renovation Thread

And look what we beat. FIU won 4 games. Ball State won 4 games. Michigan State won 3 games. Maryland won 6 games. Rutgers won 2 games. Purdue won 3 games. We won 6 games and those teams had a combined record of 22-51? There is a reason we won 6.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Okay, this year:
Virginia; last year 2 wins
FIU; 4 wins
GA Southern; 5 wins
Michigan State; 3 wins
Maryland; 6 games
Illinois; 3 wins
Rutgers; 2 wins
Purdue; 3 wins

That's 8 games where it is very likely IU will be favored and you'll be surprised if they win 5?

With the turnover on staff and not having a stud QB I'm preparing for a 4-5 win season myself. But it takes time to build something. 

4 is expecting too little, 9 is probably too much. It's really hard to say if we're a bowl team without knowing the QB situation. Rest of the team is a 6 win team with competent QB play.

We made it last year with pretty much the same QB situation though.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

4 is expecting too little, 9 is probably too much. It's really hard to say if we're a bowl team without knowing the QB situation. Rest of the team is a 6 win team with competent QB play.

We lost some stud coaches that can't be discounted

56 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Thats why I'm optimistic. Our defense carried us last season while our offense was the drizzling s***s, I'm hoping another year under Allen's system and our relatively weak schedule can get us there. 6-7 wouldnt shock me either.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

With the turnover on staff and not having a stud QB I'm preparing for a 4-5 win season myself. But it takes time to build something. 

The main reason we even went to a bowl last year was because of Allen's defense. Our scoring offense was 88th, and our red zone offense was in the 120s. If we have even a functioning offense, we will win at least six. The team looked better prepared in the bowl game than I've seen them look in a while. There is far too much talent to only win 4 games.

40 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

The main reason we even went to a bowl last year was because of Allen's defense. Our scoring offense was 88th, and our red zone offense was in the 120s. If we have even a functioning offense, we will win at least six. The team looked better prepared in the bowl game than I've seen them look in a while. There is far too much talent to only win 4 games.

There's was far too much talent for our basketball team to miss the tourney to. Coaching matters and while Allen might still be here we lost quite a few quality coaches we have new guys with a new system there can easily be growing pains with that. 

Credit to awaHoosier over at TheHoosier for these:

North end zone scoreboard removal/ new video board about to go up:

IMG_6957.JPG

The last remnants of the chain-link fence will soon be gone as that will be where the concourses connect. The nearest portion of the photo is where the loading dock will be, which will thankfully now be much more hidden:

IMG_6958.JPG

On 5/17/2017 at 3:17 PM, mdn82 said:

I have us at 7 tbh. We always lose 2-3 we shouldn't. We should be bowling though. If the QB situation is any better this season no reason we shouldn't be at 8 wins imo.

Who all watched the Spring Game?  For the 1st half it looked like the same ole Lagow.  Huge arm with sporadic accuracy.  In the 2nd half, he really looked like he was a making a concentrated effort to give what the defense would take him.  He would often take the check down or feed a short pass to the running back.  If the new OC can get Lagow to just manage the game better and get him willing to accept the fact that huge pass play attempts do not work for him overall in the long run (see here http://puntjohnpunt.com/2017/02/22/richard-lagow-and-the-interception-machine/ and here http://puntjohnpunt.com/2017/04/04/chart-week-part-2-passing-offense/), then I look for better overall results.  Allen wants to win games by moving the chains and playing great D. Based on what Lagow was willing to do in the 2nd half of the Spring game, Allen's desired winning style seems at least more possible than maybe some others might think. 

For those of you like myself who sometimes need to use the ADA seating, they are expanding the seating at field level on both the east and west sides, and also adding four seating platforms: two on each side near the entrance ramps (so about halfway up). So a few seats will be removed to make way for this. This is in addition to the ADA seating in the north end zone.

IMG_7025.PNG

IMG_7023.PNG

IMG_7024.PNG