Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

Seen chatter on btb regarding Jaelan Sanford as a possible grad transfer.

TOLEDO, Ohio – Jaelan Sanford, a 6-foot-4 junior from the University of Toledo who ranks sixth in the Mid-American Conference in scoring (16.3), was named second-team all-conference. The Reitz High School graduate ranks second in the MAC in free throw percentage (85.6) and 10th in 3-point field goal percentage (40.1).

He was even better in league games, leading the MAC in free throw percentage (88.2) and eighth in 3-point percentage (43.6).

Sanford will lead second-seeded Toledo (21-10, 13-5 MAC) against seventh-seeded Miami (Ohio) (16-16, 8-10) at 5:30 p.m. CST Thursday in the MAC tournament quarterfinals at Cleveland.

TOLEDO, Ohio – Jaelan Sanford, a 6-foot-4 junior from the University of Toledo who ranks sixth in the Mid-American Conference in scoring (16.3), was named second-team all-conference. The Reitz High School graduate ranks second in the MAC in free throw percentage (85.6) and 10th in 3-point field goal percentage (40.1).

He was even better in league games, leading the MAC in free throw percentage (88.2) and eighth in 3-point percentage (43.6).

Sanford will lead second-seeded Toledo (21-10, 13-5 MAC) against seventh-seeded Miami (Ohio) (16-16, 8-10) at 5:30 p.m. CST Thursday in the MAC tournament quarterfinals at Cleveland.

Very good shooting percentages from deep and the free throw line. If he gets a lot of free throw attempts, he can really be an asset.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought someone mentioned in another thread that Sanford didn't have the coursework done to graduate and become eligible for transfer.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought someone mentioned in another thread that Sanford didn't have the coursework done to graduate and become eligible for transfer.

Back on Feb. 27 from Ajwhitis in the Player/Recruit Retention thread and he specifically said it was a rumor.

Tonight I watched Jaelan Sanford from Toledo, who has been rumored to be graduating early and would consider IU if that were to happen. He's a 6-4 guard from Evansville. 

On 2/25/2018 at 5:40 PM, 323SGrant said:

Yes. Unfortunately too many on that team had that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sampson used to have to put them on lockdown the nights before games. They had a team dinner at his house, and then nobody was allowed to leave that night lol. true story.

9 minutes ago, BH33 said:

2007-08 season... my roommate, brother and I just left the game against UConn and were trying to make it back to our apt in the Villas. I’m guessing it took 30 minutes from the time the final buzzer until we got back and into the car to go get beer. We’re driving out the back entrance of the Villas towards like 19th/Washington and we pass Jamarcus Ellis walking back there with a 18 pack of Bud Light. It was one of the most bizarre things I had seen considering Jamarcus beat us to the liquor store and back and he had just played a game haha. 

classic

On 3/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Sampson used to have to put them on lockdown the nights before games. They had a team dinner at his house, and then nobody was allowed to leave that night lol. true story.

So what did they do for sleeping arrangements -- everybody gets a sleeping bag and they set up around the fireplace telling scary stories? I can't imagine Sampson's house had places for all those dudes to sleep. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

So what did they do for sleeping arrangements -- everybody gets a sleeping bag and they set up around the fireplace telling scary stories? I can't imagine Sampson's house had places for all those dudes to sleep. 

Not sure how they did it, just that they did that.  I read an article about it like 12 years ago.  It may still be out there somewhere if you want to search for it.  You may or may not find it using google now that they are almost exclusively paid search tho, but you may find it using duckduckgo or another search engine.  Good luck!