Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

I hope this doesn't happen, but what if we don't land either Langford or Garland? Do we leave that roster spot open or do we find another target? 

In my opinion, yes they should leave the Scholarship open for 2019. The only way I'd use it is for a grad transfer

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Carrying over what Fleek posted in the Garland thread.

(2) Top 10 (1) Top 40ish (2) Top 100 and (1) Top 150

I don't want to see that big of a class every year but that's an excellent haul. That is the range we need to be in every year to compete for national titles.

Two instant impact starters that fill needs. Most likely an OAD and two and through. Phinisee and Durham get another year to develop. Jones could slide to the impact scorer off the bench.

One wing that will contribute over 3-4 years and likely starter from year 2 on.

Two solid local recruits who can push others and contribute later in their careers at IU.

One big with solid upside that isn't depended on early.

This is how championship teams are built. Now, let's all do our part at HH to make sure they know how we feel about them being Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Archie has pulled a better recruiting class these past seven months than Crean did in 9 years...

Well, let's not go overboard. The Yogi class was better on paper. The Watford/Hulls/Creek,  Zeller, Troy, and VO classes were quite good too. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Well, let's not go overboard. The Yogi class was better on paper. The Watford/Hulls/Creek,  Zeller, Troy, and VO classes were quite good too. 

http://indiana.247sports.com/Season/2012-Basketball/Commits

On paper, it was good. However in hindsight, boy was it a bust. Of course we won't know how well this class will turn out yet but I have a feeling it will be better than "The Movement" 

1 hour ago, nixie said:

Is this true?  Not sure where the rankings all stack up.

Maybe not Team Ranking wise, but I think in several years we might be able to confirm it with their on court production. 

Is this true?  Not sure where the rankings all stack up.

It'll all depend on the final class and rankings. If we land both Garland and Romeo it'll easily be better on paper. If we land one but not the other it will be pretty close. If we land neither the 2012 class will be better on paper.

2012 Final:
7th Nationally
4 recruits, average 96.58, 66.29
Yogi: 5*, (21), 0.9917
Hollowell: 4*, (36), 0.9851
Perea: 4*, (53), 0.9795
Jurkin: 3*, (190), 0.9069

2018 Current:
4th Nationally
4 recruits, average 94.89, 61.65
Hunter: 4*, (62), 0.9749
Anderson: 4*, (85), 0.9620
Phinisee: 4*, (94), 0.9526
Forrester: 3*, (154), 0.9062

W/Romeo
5 recruits, average 95.88, 66.63
Romeo: 5*, (5), 0.9984

W/Garland
5 recruits, average 95.82, 66.36
Garland: 5*, (10), 0.9957

W/Garland and Langford
6 recruits, average 96.5, 69.16

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The movement class was a bust. Jurkin was not a d1 talent and hanner should never have been ranked in the top 150. Patterson was basically a 3 star.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I guess it would depend on how you look at it. Since yogi will always be linked to the movement class I would have a hard time calling it a bust. That class was a part of 2 outright B1G titles in its 4 year cycle regardless of who ended up leaving and produced IU's all time leading assist leader

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
To go basically was the class. My point was 4 of the 5 guys were basically busts.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'd consider Race Thompson a member of the 2018 class tbh. Maybe he's not officially on paper or in class, but he'll join the incoming freshman next year with their first true seasons.

If we land Romeo and Garland, then it's no question the best class at IU in quite some time.