Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

It'll be interesting to see where Garland and Romeo land. There have been a few who have been certain people saying recruit X is going to IU because of reason y. It's not always a certainty but a guess. It's kind of a way to see what "sources" know what they're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I am guessing if that was legit we would have saw Crystal Ball movement (as much as I don't believe it's the be all). I haven't seen anything anywhere else. Also not the be all emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just telling you what I read. I know there will be rumors and whatnot, but there are other factors I'm basing my opinion on. He plays for a nike sponsored AAU team. Played on the Nike circuit. It's his hometown school and his mom works there. 

I hope I'm wrong, trust me. I'd love to have him.

Just telling you what I read. I know there will be rumors and whatnot, but there are other factors I'm basing my opinion on. He plays for a nike sponsored AAU team. Played on the Nike circuit. It's his hometown school and his mom works there. 
I hope I'm wrong, trust me. I'd love to have him.

Oh you are fine man. Meant no disrespect. I saw where that info was coming from.

10 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Yep....and I'm guessing that he's right handed!

He sure loves that right handed hook shot lol. 

I got a kick out of him blocking those kids without even leaving the ground. 

37 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I think that's the one.

If he's an unranked 7'2 kid, Painter has probably been on him for years. We will have some catching up to do.

A) That is really funny and almost certainly  true.

B) That 15' jump hook he keeps hoisting is a thing of beauty. Curious how many of those he actually makes.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He sure loves that right handed hook shot lol. 

I got a kick out of him blocking those kids without even leaving the ground. 

I know I'm probably missing the point, but he does appear to have a nice touch and I LOVE me some jump hook. Nearly unstoppable from a big man. Not sure why it isn't "cool" anymore, but it sure is effective.

Not to get anyone's hopes up.... but can you imagine of starting 5 something like:

Fr: Garland
Fr: Romeo
So: J Hunter
Sr: Juwan
Jr: De'Ron

I would start
(Fr) Garland
(Fr) Romeo
(So) Smith
(Sr) Morgan
(Jr) Davis

Rotation guards/small wings:
(So) Durham
(Jr) Jones
(Fr) Hunter

Rotation bigs/big wings
(So) Moore
(Rs So) Thompson
(Fr) Forrester

Durham will probably get the minutes behind Garland handling the ball.

Forrester/Thompson will get minutes at the 5 when Davis is out.

32 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I know I'm probably missing the point, but he does appear to have a nice touch and I LOVE me some jump hook. Nearly unstoppable from a big man. Not sure why it isn't "cool" anymore, but it sure is effective.

Oh I didn't mean anything by it other than that it felt like he did it in every clip haha. I'm not sure what the quality of competition he was up against was like, but I think his video told us more than a video of a center just dunking every play would.