Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

Looks like we offered...?
I expect Moore to leave and one of either Green or Durham. Juco and grad transfer is the way to go. If we add Romeo our frosh class is even bigger. We dont need anymore freshmen.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything about Green, but it just seems to be him everyone talks about when it comes to being disgruntled. DeVonte's minutes were all the over the place, but so were Durham's I guess. It's going to be an interesting few weeks. Romeo announcing, transfers, new targets, grad guys and other transfers hitting the market. This is gonna be a busy spring for us no doubt. Has anyone heard anything more about Jaelan Sanford?
I honestly expect we add two to three more players this spring.

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I expect Moore to leave and one of either Green or Durham. Juco and grad transfer is the way to go. If we add Romeo our frosh class is even bigger. We dont need anymore freshmen.

I’m thinking Green and Moore but hate to speculate. 

I haven't heard anything about Green, but it just seems to be him everyone talks about when it comes to being disgruntled. DeVonte's minutes were all the over the place, but so were Durham's I guess. It's going to be an interesting few weeks. Romeo announcing, transfers, new targets, grad guys and other transfers hitting the market. This is gonna be a busy spring for us no doubt. Has anyone heard anything more about Jaelan Sanford?

Saw it somewhere on this board that he won’t graduate on time to be a grad transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just can't see DG transferring and sitting an entire season. If he spent a few hours with CAM watching film from this year he would understand why his minutes weren't what he was hoping for. He is not a PG at this time. Everything is in front of him at IU. If CAM brings in another PG this year to go along with RP, DG better get busy.

1 hour ago, Whojainjawja said:

I just can't see DG transferring and sitting an entire season. If he spent a few hours with CAM watching film from this year he would understand why his minutes weren't what he was hoping for. He is not a PG at this time. Everything is in front of him at IU. If CAM brings in another PG this year to go along with RP, DG better get busy.

I also find it hard to believe he would want to sit out a year but....

If he thinks he is a NBA player and is worried about his inconsistent playing time, and worried about his minutes next year  with RP and possibly Romeo in the mix, maybe he will go somewhere that he thinks he can become "the guy".

To be clear.....based on his play I do not think he deserved consistent minutes but who knows what might be in his head, especially since his brother is in the league.

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I love Green's creativity.. He shows flashes of greatness but too many times is careless with his passing and handling of the ball. I would really like him back next year. I think an entire offseason to work with the IU coaches could help transform his game and work within Archie's system.

Green brings a lot being able to create his own shot as well as his passing game. He needs to learn to always play hard at both ends even when his shots aren’t falling or after a turnover. Working on his mental toughness and playing thru adversity are 2 big areas he needs improvement. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I've been told that all of the talk that Green wants to leave is overblown. 

This makes sense - he started most of the year and got a TON of burn and likely will continue to get solid minutes for the next 2 years with or without Romeo.

Green brings a lot being able to create his own shot as well as his passing game. He needs to learn to always play hard at both ends even when his shots aren’t falling or after a turnover. Working on his mental toughness and playing thru adversity are 2 big areas he needs improvement. 

This is where I'm at too. Green didn't get a lot of playing time as a freshman, add to it a new coach and new system and you have your ups and downs. Maturity is a huge part of it. He sees and can make passes others can't. He needs to have better decision making to understand when those passes are acceptable and when a simple pass is more effective.

Another aspect of his game is finding his spots. He never really had a go to move and seemed to want to dribble the ball to death before taking a bad shot. Finding a solid floater, elbow jumper, and move to the rim would suit him well.

If he could develop these things, through maturity, he could become an important cog in a successful IU team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe you can't see it but it most certainly might happen.