Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think our chances go up with the visit but he still seems like a Duke lean to me. 

What happens if Forrester commits in September, do we go all in on either Garland or Romeo?  Per another board it sounds like he could very likely commit on his visit.

What if both Garland and Romeo wanted to come?

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

What happens if Forrester commits in September, do we go all in on either Garland or Romeo?  Per another board it sounds like he could very likely commit on his visit.

What if both Garland and Romeo wanted to come?

I'm sorry but my salary at IU is not nearly big enough to make those kind of decisions, But the head coach makes that kind of money and I'm sure knows more info about the situation to make the best decision for IU. I wish I could answer. I will ask one of the staff members and see if I get a real answer.  

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm sorry but my salary at IU is not nearly big enough to make those kind of decisions, But the head coach makes that kind of money and I'm sure knows more info about the situation to make the best decision for IU. I wish I could answer. I will ask one of the staff members and see if I get a real answer.  

Hey, I really appreciate all of your information, so in that interest, maybe avoid directly reporting such information. As past mods can tell you, the AD has monitored certain individuals on this board before. 

50 minutes ago, nixie said:

OR, perhaps the new regime has put someone in charge of keeping us Btown Banner folk appeased and in the know!  :92:    #BtownBannersRule

I actually wondered that as well haha. It's odd having someone connected providing a clear and consistent message on here. Not trying to hide at all. 

Looks like the RP commitment didn't change much. Garland and DeVoe are both likely to visit. Romeo will surely visit. Forrester is coming on the 9th. Word is David Duke is gonna visit all schools in his top 5, but Providence is a high favorite. Good to know all of our options are looking at us as a real option. Moses Brown still has 2 visits to plan. Has anyone heard anything onm Silvio.

^^This is where I'm at.^^
Though I know with my logical mind that it's really early to judge, it'd be nice to pick up Race, Jerome, RobP, Damezi, or best of all (for me) Bazely to plant our '18 recruiting class and allow us to wait on the big names with some peace of mind.

I had this post about three weeks before any of em popped!

HOLY CRAP DOC!!!!
You realize that you posted this over a month before any of them committed?!?
By the way, almost all said at the time that this group would be an excellent first class for CAM.

That's awesome!! lol. Is it post of the year?

I still feel the same way. I love it as a class, But Romeo or Garland puts it over the top.

Either way it's a good foundation if 19 recruiting gets a little bump in top end talent.

I guess I had a good feel with where our recruiting was going. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's awesome!! lol. Is it post of the year?

I still feel the same way. I love it as a class, But Romeo or Garland puts it over the top.

Either way it's a good foundation if 19 recruiting gets a little bump in top end talent.

I guess I had a good feel with where our recruiting was going. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes!
I shall appoint myself judge and jury, and officially name your prognostication as:
Post of the year!