Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

I think virtually everyone is in agreement that PG is a concern for certainly the upcoming season at a minimum.  And I think the majority would love to see Garland as PG for '18-'19.  But as good as he may be individually is that the best thing for our team?  We have a terrific PG for a year as a OAD and then we're faced with finding a PG for the following season.   As key as that position is, for the long haul is it better to forego a OAD and get a quality PG who will be around for more than 1 year?  

I think virtually everyone is in agreement that PG is a concern for certainly the upcoming season at a minimum.  And I think the majority would love to see Garland as PG for '18-'19.  But as good as he may be individually is that the best thing for our team?  We have a terrific PG for a year as a OAD and then we're faced with finding a PG for the following season.   As key as that position is, for the long haul is it better to forego a OAD and get a quality PG who will be around for more than 1 year?  

That is why I think we could take 2. Besides RP though in all honesty Akinjo is probably our best shot and maybe Devoe. I think Garland is either Duke's or Vandy's unless Romeo commits before he does and chooses us. That may give us momentum, but this convo isn't really needed at the moment.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think I will follow Stu on this one. I have an awesome feeling for Al Durham. This isn't based on anything except his passion. There is something there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I know he's a great kid, but I don't want to oversell his skill. However, with Durham I at least have hope.
I remember an interview with Phinisee from before this year's freshmen were in the mix in which he said that part of IU's pitch has been that the only pg on the team, Newkirk, will be gone after this year.
To me, that telegraphs that the staff is not seeing Green or CuJo as having pg skills.

I know he's a great kid, but I don't want to oversell his skill. However, with Durham I at least have hope.
I remember an interview with Phinisee from before this year's freshmen were in the mix in which he said that part of IU's pitch has been that the only pg on the team, Newkirk, will be gone after this year.
To me, that telegraphs that the staff is not seeing Green or CuJo as having pg skills.

Good recall. I remember that as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I loved how he played in the Derby Classic. Absolutely loved it. I know, I know; it was a sloppy all-star game.
But I was completely taken by surprise at how intuitive he was on that court. And he's so damn creative on the move near the rim.

I really think he surprises with his intuition and strength.He has the height and length also.I like him alot.

5 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

Prob phinisee hoping for HENRY. Don't see Romeo till spring. But I would like to see the class finish with HENRY, Romeo akinjo or devoe. But I will take phinisee too just not on the top of my list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

I highly doubt Romeo waits till Spring

I only thought we were going to use 4. Based on our offers I think we take 4 and Romeo gets the 5th if he wants it.

Can't predict who we take. RP seems like an odds on favorite. Romeo is seeming more likely.

Who knows on the other. Don't think we can get Days, Laszewski, King, Dort.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I only thought we were going to use 4. Based on our offers I think we take 4 and Romeo gets the 5th if he wants it.

Can't predict who we take. RP seems like an odds on favorite. Romeo is seeming more likely.

Who knows on the other. Don't think we can get Days, Laszewski, King, Dort.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Most likely scenario is Phinisee and Romeo

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well that would change a lot for this team. Would make them a top five team in the B1G if CuJo could do substantially more than shoot jumpers.
Have to see it to believe it, and lord I hope I do.

I think we're gonna see these players go beyond even their own expectations

Well that would change a lot for this team. Would make them a top five team in the B1G if CuJo could do substantially more than shoot jumpers.
Have to see it to believe it, and lord I hope I do.

Me too trust me. Talent is there for sure and once Archie took the job with Clif Marshall coming in as well, I had a feeling this could be a big year for him. His confidence is the only thing standing in the way.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app