Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

3 minutes ago, rcsalway29 said:

Tim Buckley is still the lead recruiter for IU with RP......he's a dedicated guy to be doing that for free. I mean come on 247

I feel like the over monetizing of Rivals. The death of Scout and ESPN throwing in the towel has led to some real complacency at 247. 

Do we have an updated time table for RP?

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do we have an updated time table for RP?

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

Haven't heard anything new other than we continue to be front and center at his games. 

Where does everyone stand on Henry vs. Anderson. IU obviously got Anderson, but I was talking to a guy yesterday who was telling me Henry was ready to commit but now doesn't expect it. I've never seen either play live, but have followed them for a few years. Same guy was just talking about how Henry's game has grown significantly and it was his preference that Henry was the better prospect going forward. With only seeing highlights, I'm going with his judgement- but hope to be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Some of that may be old news but was new to me. Basic question is if you can only take one of the two, who ya got?

I would take Anderson all day long. I love Henry's game but Anderson is the better fit with the other players we have on the roster. I also like that we got him out of an area we haven't recruited well in the past. 

Edited by Blackmon_for_3

A poster on the rivals message board said that the "Birdman chirped" in regards to Romeo Langford and then promptly deleted the post. Anybody have any information regarding this?