Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

RP and Romeo would be a great close to this class. 3 instate recruits + one from our eastern neighbors.

I would love that class. Really couldn't ask for more from Archie in his first class

Will RP be a great point guard for the Hoosiers? Who knows, only time will tell if he commits- but it sure makes me feel better knowing that we have a coach and evaluator who knows the point guard position all too well. It's nice to finally have faith in our coach again

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anderson, Hunter, Thompson, Langford, and Phinisee would be one of if not the best recruiting class we have had in 20 plus years. I don't expect that from Archie his first 4 months on the job but if he pulls it off we are absolutely going to make some noise nationally. 

Cough Henry Cough

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Anderson, Hunter, Thompson, Langford, and Phinisee would be one of if not the best recruiting class we have had in 20 plus years. I don't expect that from Archie his first 4 months on the job but if he pulls it off we are absolutely going to make some noise nationally. 

IU is definitely gonna get four of those five players. That fifth player is up in the air but I have faith in Archie

Remember the concern many had that firing Crean would set us back 3 years or more? Not calling those posters out just enjoying the energy building quickly and glad that Archie seems to have hit the ground running.

I do not remember anyone on this board that had any such concern.

Remember the concern many had that firing Crean would set us back 3 years or more? Not calling those posters out just enjoying the energy building quickly and glad that Archie seems to have hit the ground running.

I sure hope nobody on this site thought that. I haven't saw that here, but doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If anyone thought that, their basketballl IQ card is officially off limits. Firing Crean was the best thing IU has done in quite some time

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If anyone thought that, their basketballl IQ card is officially off limits. Firing Crean was the best thing IU has done in quite some time

I'm not going to be negative towards Coach Crean, but yes his work here was done. Thank you, and Coach Miller will take it from here.

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm not going to be negative towards Coach Crean, but yes his work here was done. Thank you, and Coach Miller will take it from here.

Really I think the biggest issue Crean had was the high turnover rate. He always had a very high turnover rate for guys we needed to stay and develop. Add that to the ones who didn't pan out (hollowell, Perea, Ethrington, Robinson, etc..) he was always behind the curve and playing catch up. 

Whew good. I was afraid I was going to have to admit that occasionally I visit other IU boards and may have seen that discussion over there. Now no one will know about that.

Lol there are good dudes (and ladies) across the interwebs at various sites. About the only one I personally have no interest in going back to is 247. That has more to do with being banned along with Jaybob, Natty, Reb, and CCG just for leaving them and coming here. They were worried we were going to poach people or others would follow us.

Lol there are good dudes (and ladies) across the interwebs at various sites. About the only one I personally have no interest in going back to is 247. That has more to do with being banned along with Jaybob, Natty, Reb, and CCG just for leaving them and coming here. They were worried we were going to poach people or others would follow us.

Yeah I have followed most of the crowds from board to board and have enjoyed the people on each.