Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, I agree completely. I strongly feel we should only add 2 more in that class. The numbers are funky. In Crean's world we could count on 1-3 transfers. Not sure how that will go with Archie. This year's roster has 11 guys wanting PT. A few guys aren't going to get much. Time will tell how that all plays out with Arch.

Imo we need to be super picky with the next 2 spots, and I think we will be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I also think just two more players for the 2018 class. One of Garland/Phinisee and Romeo. That would cap an outstanding class

Maybe we take 3 if one of them were willing to redshirt..? I really want Henry. I just think his game is growing a tremendous amount, I love the fact he won a state title. Idk he's a heckuva defensive player. Anderson, Hunter committing has changed a lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe we take 3 if one of them were willing to redshirt..? I really want Henry. I just think his game is growing a tremendous amount, I love the fact he won a state title. Idk he's a heckuva defensive player. Anderson, Hunter committing has changed a lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe so. A redshirt is irrelevant to the scholly limit/situation, but it is very useful to ensure that we don't have 13 players, all of whom expect to play.
It would still drain a 2019 scholly, however.

I think it depends on who they are. If it's Romeo and Dort or Garland! I would have no problem adding one more because I think they are 1 and done.

Edit:we also don't know about transfers or other things like that.

If it's only 4, no problem. If they only sign 2 more, no problem

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I feel like Romeo and another guard are our best shots to fill out the class, most likely Phinisee or David Duke.

The more his recruitment goes by, I just don't think we'll have much of a shot with Garland.  The rumor is he's intrigued by staying home to play for Vandy, and with Duke and UK coming on strong, it'll be tough to keep up here.

23 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I feel like Romeo and another guard are our best shots to fill out the class, most likely Phinisee or David Duke.

The more his recruitment goes by, I just don't think we'll have much of a shot with Garland.  The rumor is he's intrigued by staying home to play for Vandy, and with Duke and UK coming on strong, it'll be tough to keep up here.

If you add Romeo why not try to add 2 more?  Romeo is definitely a one and done from everything I  have read. I'm not saying use all of the schollies to use them. But if you can get a PG and then either Dort, Garland, Henry why not? Those are great talents to add to a class. Things sort themselves out.

Also, Romeo may wait a few months so maybe Archie fills the other two spots soon and leaves that last spot open in case Romeo/Garland commits. Just a possible strategy. 

If you add Romeo why not try to add 2 more?  Romeo is definitely a one and done from everything I  have read. I'm not saying use all of the schollies to use them. But if you can get a PG and then either Dort, Garland, Henry why not? Those are great talents to add to a class. Things sort themselves out.
Also, Romeo may wait a few months so maybe Archie fills the other two spots soon and leaves that last spot open in case Romeo/Garland commits. Just a possible strategy. 

If you add 2 more the class would be effectively at 6 with Thompson coming off redshirt. Romeo would be a OAD so that would leave 5 returning sophomores and only 2 open scholarships.

Seniors: Green, Jones, Davis (Will Play)
Juniors: Durham, Smith, Moore (Will Play)
Sophomores: Anderson, Hunter, Thompson, Garland, Hinton/Dort (Will Play)

That's 11 players that will be expecting playing time before you add the freshman class. I don't see how that's a good situation. A few will be upset they're not getting the time they deserve.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Do we think a 5-star recruit will trust us to get him to the NBA with our new coaching staff? I could see 2019 for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. Archie is building something special. He'll put a stamp on his first class by getting Romeo

Absolutely. Archie is building something special. He'll put a stamp on his first class by getting Romeo

Romeo Langford had a special on WLKY 32 in Louisville today and it aired at 5 P.M. He basically talked about his trip to Egypt. But most of the recruiting talk was about Indiana. This is a Louisville/UK homer station but the talk was about Langford and IU. He said that Archie is telling him that he can be the face of our program and it will help his legacy in Indiana and Romeo seems to be buying into it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Holy Romeo! That's great to hear!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app