Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Putting this in here so maybe get a quicker answer but does anyone know who this Drew Gladstone guy is? He was congratulated on his new position w us on twitter and Al was also mentioned. Anyone know what spot he took over?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Check out the Riddle me This Thread.

53 minutes ago, Yogi said:
Putting this in here so maybe get a quicker answer but does anyone know who this Drew Gladstone guy is? He was congratulated on his new position w us on twitter and Al was also mentioned. Anyone know what spot he took over?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

See the "Riddle Me This" thread.
We've already performed a cranial enema on every aspect of Drew Gladstone.

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Gotcha. I don't understand the whole "wait and see"... Why not just be a fan?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

It is easier to be guarded than to be let down by a 4th Coach in a row, unless you count Knight getting himself fired, then that would be a 5th Coach in a row. I am not old enough to remember the pre-Knight years, so it could be more than 5, but no sense beating a dead horse.

It is easier to be guarded than to be let down by a 4th Coach in a row, unless you count Knight getting himself fired, then that would be a 5th Coach in a row. I am not old enough to remember the pre-Knight years, so it could be more than 5, but no sense beating a dead horse.

But why is it personal? We are just fans.. idk. Archie wasn't my first choice, but I'm also not qualified to make the best decision, so... I'm going full steam ahead for Archie, Lemonis, and Allen. Go Hoosiers.

Just now, btownqb said:

But why is it personal? We are just fans.. idk. Archie wasn't my first choice, but I'm also not qualified to make the best decision, so... I'm going full steam ahead for Archie, Lemonis, and Allen. Go Hoosiers.

I agree. This is a real exciting time to be an IU fan. Archie was my second choice and he's proving to be that good. Football and basketball are in good hands as well. So pumped for that opening night game against Ohio State

99% of all coaches are hired to be fired. Even the great ones. There are very few that can go until they retire. Even some that do retire on their own terms would have been fired here. I will guess in our lifetime it will be surprising if a coach retires at a Coach K age here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Gotcha. I don't understand the whole "wait and see"... Why not just be a fan?

Not sure I understand your question. What does waiting and seeing if Archie is the right guy have to do with being a fan? 

The perception is Miller is a no-nonsense, bottom line type of guy. Fine by me, I'm judging him the same way. I'm not reserving my support, just waiting for on court results- like everyone else. I wanted Bennett, but he'd have to win too, if he had been hired.

But Archie's the guy now, end of story. Early indications from him are very positive. Now I want wins, early, often and consistently. That's how he proves he's "the guy."    

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek, I am all in on Archie as well. I would say as far as current College Head Coaches, Archie was my first choice. The Donovan idea was obviously intriguing, but I never let myself believe that was ever a realistic option.

I would like guards unless we land Brown or another big that would make an impact. I would be picky in who we accept a commitment from next. I'd like a big time player as the third commitment. (Romeo, Dort, Garland, etc.)

Yes, I agree completely. I strongly feel we should only add 2 more in that class. The numbers are funky. In Crean's world we could count on 1-3 transfers. Not sure how that will go with Archie. This year's roster has 11 guys wanting PT. A few guys aren't going to get much. Time will tell how that all plays out with Arch.

Imo we need to be super picky with the next 2 spots, and I think we will be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners