Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

PG-

Darius Garland (7) Offer

Jalen Carey (81) Offer

Robert Phinisee (94) Offer

SG-

Romeo Langford (3) Offer

Dwayne Cohill (56)

Luguentz Dort (63) Offer

Robbie Carmody (84)

Eric Ayala (103) Offer

Eric Hunter (105)

TJ Moss (123)

SF-

Louis King (26) Offfer

Darius Bazley (55)

Jerome Hunter (107)

Cole Swider (137) Offer

Musa Jallow (141) Offer

Damezi Anderson (144)

Kevin Easley (191)

Nahziah Carter (323)

PF-

Race Thompson (73) Offer

Brandon Johns (55)

C-

Moses Brown (8)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 hours ago, VO5 said:

If I was guessing, I think we end up with a class of Phinisee, E. Hunter, Jallow, Ayala, and possibly Swider.

Awww, but Pap promised me Garland would come! He even sold me a jersey with his name on it!

Wait... the excellent craftsmanship, straight stitching, and it's not itchy! This isn't Adidas! Pap! I'm comin' for ya!

Just now, MartintheMopMan said:

Awww, but Pap promised me Garland would come! He even sold me a jersey with his name on it!

Wait... the excellent craftsmanship, straight stitching, and it's not itchy! This isn't Adidas! Pap! I'm comin' for ya!

****, I've been gone so long I still have a Crean quote as my signature.
I never realized what I'd be losing at the time, that's a great quote.

If I was guessing, I think we end up with a class of Phinisee, E. Hunter, Jallow, Ayala, and possibly Swider.

Then why all the comments in the Swider thread? This would be an elite class, likely top 5... doesn't jive with everything else you have been saying. Hard to follow your level of confidence here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Then why all the comments in the Swider thread? This would be an elite class, likely top 5... doesn't jive with everything else you have been saying. Hard to follow your level of confidence here

I wouldn't call that elite. There's no guys that will be a difference maker their first year. To be an elite class you gotta have that

My honest guess, Robert Phinisee, Jalen Carey, Cole Swider, Musa Jallow, Race Thompson.

Romeo & Garland we will not truly know how much of a shot we have till winter, so I am not saying there is no shot. I also believe Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson as well as Dort we had strong shots with. I truly believe Archie will shoot for a great depth class with the possible star to set up for 2019 when we are in great position to land a few big names.

Davis is very capable of being our star next year so great depth is more important to me than stars in this class. He could also shoot up boards and leave. Can't wait till basketball season.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn't call that elite. There's no guys that will be a difference maker their first year. To be an elite class you gotta have that

Yep. Solid four year players but not instant game changers. I could see that type of class but I still think we pull a 5*.

My honest guess, Robert Phinisee, Jalen Carey, Cole Swider, Musa Jallow, Race Thompson.

Romeo & Garland we will not truly know how much of a shot we have till winter, so I am not saying there is no shot. I also believe Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson as well as Dort we had strong shots with. I truly believe Archie will shoot for a great depth class with the possible star to set up for 2019 when we are in great position to land a few big names.

Davis is very capable of being our star next year so great depth is more important to me than stars in this class. He could also shoot up boards and leave. Can't wait till basketball season.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

We've got a serious line into Carmody and Carter too.

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Yep. Solid four year players but not instant game changers. I could see that type of class but I still think we pull a 5*.

Agreed. I'm hoping for Garland more than Romeo tbh because Garland should stay a couple years and we can pair him with a senior Davis and hopefully a few of these 5 stars in 19 to make a run. 

Now if we Langford and Garland. Or Dort and Garland we could make a run a year sooner

14 hours ago, MartintheMopMan said:

Staff change certainly helped get IU back in with Garland.

I have to ask. What Swider thread? I must be blind I didn't see it.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I said possibly. Chill man

And none of the guys I mentioned are even ranked top 50. 

We project to lose Newkirk, Rojo, Priller, Hartman, McSwain. Assuming no NBA or Transfers this leaves

1. Green
2. CuJo
3. Smith
4. Morgan
5. Davis
6. Moore
7. Durham
8. Gelon

In our 4-5 person recruiting class we need 2-3 guys that can play impact fully as Freshman. Langford would have a perfect spot at the 2 or 3. Still worried about getting a 6'10 type defender as we don't have any obvious prospects yet. Garland at the 1 is a dream. Swider at the 3/4 with Smith and Morgan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We project to lose Newkirk, Rojo, Priller, Hartman, McSwain. Assuming no NBA or Transfers this leaves

1. Green
2. CuJo
3. Smith
4. Morgan
5. Davis
6. Moore
7. Durham
8. Gelon

In our 4-5 person recruiting class we need 2-3 guys that can play impact fully as Freshman. Langford would have a perfect spot at the 2 or 3. Still worried about getting a 6'10 type defender as we don't have any obvious prospects yet. Garland at the 1 is a dream. Swider at the 3/4 with Smith and Morgan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I dont think johnsons coming back but thats i.o. No source.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

My wish list based on statistics, video, rankings, etc. ranked in order of how excited I would be to add them.

1. Romeo Langford

2. Darius Garland

3. Ayo Dosunmu

4. Lugentz Dort

5. Moses Brown

6. Louis King

7. Darius Bazley

8. Jalen Carey

9. Cole Swider

10. Race Thompson

11. Brandon Johns

12. Musa Jallow