Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I very much like the vibe that giving quotes like the following to the hometown paper gives off:

“It was an official just because it was easier,” Thompson said. “I wasn’t going to take an unofficial and then come back again and take an official. So we just changed it. … That campus is a really nice campus. Good school. Great facilities. I like the new coaching staff a lot. Even with a new coach (Archie Miller) I think they’re still going to be a top team in the Big Ten. They’re pretty much always tough to beat and have some of the best fans in the country. I don’t think the culture will really change. Playing in front of that many people I don’t think you can’t (be excited).”

9 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

what's our chances with Hurt?

He said he is going to take an unofficial to Bloomington after the AAU season is over. I think we have a really good shot at him. Coach Olstrom has a really good handle on the state of Minnesota. But Hurt is wanted by all of the big dogs so it's going to be a battle. He is a smooth player though. Really like his game.

Hurt looked polished from the livefeed you sent in. He seems like he has a HUGE basketball IQ. Needs some weight but that will come. No one could stop him while he was in. I was quite impressed. Plus, he did get the player of the game! H would be a huge "get". From the same game, Thompson didn't impress me at all. He was slow and always a step behind on defense. Did you guys see the same thing? Kind of reminded me of......here goes...Perea.

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Four-star 6-foot-8 power forward Race Thompson today updated the schools in serious contention for him as well as his timetable.

The No. 71 player in the nation in the 2018 class, Thompson, from Robbinsdale (Minn.) High School and the D1 Minnesota AAU program, said his decision could come at any time but won’t be any later than shortly after AAU ends.

“As for my timetable, sometime in August. That’s the plan, but pretty much as soon as I know where I want to go, I’ll commit,” Thompson told Peegs.com today.

“I haven’t figured that out just yet. It’ll be in August at the latest.”

Thompson said he’s basically down to three schools.

“Iowa State, Indiana and Minnesota are the three really pushing,” he said.

Thompson has been on campus at each of those three schools. His most recent visit was an official to Indiana.

“They talked about what I would be doing there, and I really liked that,” Thompson said. “They have nice facilities, great coaches, a great coaching staff. I like them a lot.

“They’re showing me a lot of attention, making me a priority.”

Among the things that stood out to Thompson was Indiana’s Assembly Hall, which routinely draws 17,000-plus for games.

“They said it gets rocking in there. It’s pretty much right on top of you. It’s up there with some of the best college atmospheres.”

Thompson, the son of Minnesota football great Darrell Thompson, said a big key for him is how he feels he’ll fit in with a college and its basketball program.

“I want to feel at home mostly. I want it to be a family atmosphere. I don’t want to go somewhere where everybody doesn’t talk to each other,” Thompson said.

“I want it to be a happy place, a place I feel at home where I can be myself and play my game.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app