Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

Romeo is the crown jewel. You can't tell me it could be a great class if IU doesn't get him

Sure it could. Depending on combination of players and how they turn out. Nobody will have the impact Romeo will have as a Freshman but maybe they do in year 2, 3, or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

I am saying that. If we land 4 4* kids that are all great kids, student etc how do you not say that is a great class?

Romeo is the man but only one team is going to get him and that team isn't going to be the only team to land a great class

Because they didn't get Romeo. This guy is a top 5 player in the class. He's a must get as far as I'm concerned. And I do believe IU will get him

I want a point for 2018. Beyond that we are looking at quality wings and I feel a lot safer on wings. I do think point is a position we could need a kid to come in and play 15-25 mpg. This was also an area of need and I am happy how this one turned out.

Just now, mdn82 said:

I want a point for 2018. Beyond that we are looking at quality wings and I feel a lot safer on wings. I do think point is a position we could need a kid to come in and play 15-25 mpg. This was also an area of need and I am happy how this one turned out.

Darius Garland and Romeo Langford

I hope you guys are right. I really do. But not every red shirt player dramatically improves

I respect your opinion just not understanding your reasoning? You keep saying it every redshirt player drastically improves, so you think he would have drastically improved by staying in high school against the same competition? Or that he would have drastically improved next year as a freshman?

Maybe he won't drastically improve but he is far more likely to improve with a year against bigger and better players, a year to develop his body even further with a D1 strength coach, and a year to learn the system so next year when he plays as a "freshman" he's already a year ahead of every other true freshman coming in.

This was best case scenario for a player that would have seen limited minutes

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Because they didn't get Romeo. This guy is a top 5 player in the class. He's a must get as far as I'm concerned. And I do believe IU will get him

I'll take three years of a top fifty player over one year of Romeo.  UK has two or three Romeo's every year as well as a couple more right behind that.....and it's translated to one title.

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I respect your opinion just not understanding your reasoning? You keep saying it every redshirt player drastically improves, so you think he would have drastically improved by staying in high school against the same competition? Or that he would have drastically improved next year as a freshman?

Maybe he won't drastically improve but he is far more likely to improve with a year against bigger and better players, a year to develop his body even further with a D1 strength coach, and a year to learn the system so next year when he plays as a "freshman" he's already a year ahead of every other true freshman coming in.

This was best case scenario for a player that would have seen limited minutes

I just don't understand the point of reclassifying just to redshirt. It's one thing to reclsssify and actually contribute to the team. But reclassifying just to sit on the bench? Doesn't make sense to me

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I just don't understand the point of reclassifying just to redshirt. It's one thing to reclsssify and actually contribute to the team. But reclassifying just to sit on the bench? Doesn't make sense to me

It's all about building a college-ready physique.  Getting a head start on learning the system and an extra year of free education are icing on the cake.

I'll take three years of a top fifty player over one year of Romeo.  UK has two or three Romeo's every year as well as a couple more right behind that.....and it's translated to one title.

Yeah, I hate UK and rip on them for a lot but winning a title every 8 years or whatever it is is not one of them. I would take that any day

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

It's like buying a piece of meat and cooking it as soon as you get home and eating it. Sure it will be good and will fill you up, but you could taken that piece of meat and stick it in a marinade for 24 hours and eat it the next day and have a far better tasting and juicy piece of meat. A little preparation and patience is many times worth the wait.

That does sound good haha

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And just when it looked like Sunday evening was going to be dull and boring.  Amazing how one commitment can ignite and re-energize this board.  Lovin' it.

I've been away for a while haha. I guess I'm back since we're getting in the swing of things