Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SG - Luguentz Dort to Arizona State

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10  2

Indiana, Washington & Texas A&M have offered top-50 2018 @brookwoodelite guard Luguentz Dort, per source n.rivals.com/content/prospects/181981.

4-star SG from The Conrad Academy in Orlando, FL.  6'3" or 6'5" depending upon the source.  Adidas circuit for Brookwood Elite.

Scout

ESPN

Rivals

Really consistent scorer with an overall good shooting %.  Needs a little work on his 3's.

Luguentz Dortz '18 (SG) - Brookwood Elite       HAS IU OFFER  
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/21 22 8 13 1 4 5 7 2         32
4/22 15 5 8 1 3 4 6 4 1 5 0 2 29
4/22 27 10 16 3 5 4 6 3 5 4 3 1 25
4/23 22 7 14 2 5 6 8 2 1 4 2 0 26
4/28 15 6 9 0 0 3 6 3 0 2 0 2 22
4/29 18 7 21 1 6 3 5 8 2 3 2 3 28
4/29 16 4 8 0 3 8 10 6 4 2 0 0 27
4/30 20 8 18 0 4 4 5 7 1 4 0 0 30

Avg 19.4 51%   27%   70%   4 2 3 1 1 27
# Gms 8                        

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm beginning to have my doubts about the reliability of Corey Evans tweet.  I have not seen anyone else confirming that we have indeed extended an offer to Dort.  Has anyone else seen any kind of confirmation?

Dort and JWells retweeted it. Works for me.

8 hours ago, HOOsier Thunder said:

2018 Luguentz Dort Talks Game, Recruitment And Official Visits

"One of the schools that has shown a lot of interest in Dort is Indiana and he spoke on the Hoosiers, 'I just talked to Coach Flint yesterday. We got to talk about the camp, Italy and just everything. They really want me, they think I could be a point guard and shooting guard. They keep on telling me that they can really help me with where I want to go. I really like the new coach and he has been saying really good things about Indiana.'”

Music to my ears!  Sic 'em, boys, sic 'em.

Just watched some highlights, and I really like this dude!  Bigger body, like Rawle Alkins, and uses it well.  Plays with attitude, which is awesome.  He definitely looks move like a SG/wing type to me, but I've only seen the highlight videos.

Watching this guy compared to Davide Moretti, it is clear that Archie has a plan.  It sure will be fun when we start landing some of these guys.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:49 AM, Stromboli said:

Just watched some highlights, and I really like this dude!  Bigger body, like Rawle Alkins, and uses it well.  Plays with attitude, which is awesome.  He definitely looks move like a SG/wing type to me, but I've only seen the highlight videos.

Watching this guy compared to Davide Moretti, it is clear that Archie has a plan.  It sure will be fun when we start landing some of these guys.

I think someone mentioned in another thread that he looks like a Louisville recruit. Louisville always seems to have tough, physical teams made up of high level athletes. I would love for an IU team to look like that.

Kid said he is still wanting to visit IU after NBA top 100 camp. Also listed by Hoopseen as a kid who could move into top 15. He is very underrated or under recruited for a top 15 kid. I know he is Canadian, but dang.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Kid said he is still wanting to visit IU after NBA top 100 camp. Also listed by Hoopseen as a kid who could move into top 15. He is very underrated or under recruited for a top 15 kid. I know he is Canadian, but dang.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

My thoughts exactly. There is NO excuse for being a g_d d_mmed  Canadian!

37 minutes ago, goonaha said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/offers-keep-pouring-in-for-four-star-shooting-guard-luguentz-dort

" I just talked to coach (Bruiser) Flint today. They really want me to play point guard and shooting guard. They are telling me that they can get me to where I want to be. The new head coach (Archie Miller), I really like. He has been telling me good things about Indiana.”

So commit already!  Sheesh!

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/offers-keep-pouring-in-for-four-star-shooting-guard-luguentz-dort

" I just talked to coach (Bruiser) Flint today. They really want me to play point guard and shooting guard. They are telling me that they can get me to where I want to be. The new head coach (Archie Miller), I really like. He has been telling me good things about Indiana.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lmao at the rivals reaction. While he may not go to IU. He spoke more in depth about IU than anyone. When he spoke about what's next it was two official visits. Oregon and IU. Then Rivals Reaction was Oregon with every other school other than IU being an option as well. They even included Baylor who he didn't talk about. But no IU.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lmao at the rivals reaction. While he may not go to IU. He spoke more in depth about IU than anyone. When he spoke about what's next it was two official visits. Oregon and IU. Then Rivals Reaction was Oregon with every other school other than IU being an option as well. They even included Baylor who he didn't talk about. But no IU.

Especially when he says he wants to commit by the end of the summer. When a recruit says that and only lists two schools that he wants to officially visit, it's safe to say that those two schools are major contenders.