Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) C James Wiseman

No. 3-ranked player in the nation in the 2019 class, James Wiseman said today he’s getting an idea of schools he wants to visit.

The five-star 6-foot-10 center from Nashville, Tenn., and the Team Penny AAU program said he would like to take visits to Indiana, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas.
“I just want to experience the atmosphere there, and the community as a whole,” Wiseman said.
He said visits could come next month or next year with no set timetable for anything. College basketball prospects can take unofficial visits at any time but can’t take official visits until Jan. 1 of their junior year, provided they have taken the SAT or ACT.
Asked what schools he’s hearing from the most, Wiseman said: “Indiana, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and North Carolina.”
Indiana has been in contact with Wiseman for a little while.
“They say that I would fit in well with their system and have a great relationship with the coaches and teammates,” Wiseman said.
“Just the organization there and the coaches there. They talked to me last week. I know a lot about them.”
SEE ALSO: Five-star point guard Darius Garland goes in-depth on his recruitment, Indiana, more
Wiseman said interest from Kentucky has been picking up.
“They think I fit well in their system, just like everybody,” he said.
Wiseman said two players he wants to model his game after are Anthony Davis, who played at Kentucky, and Joel Embiid, who played at Kansas.
He said how Davis played at Kentucky is part of what makes UK interesting.
“He (John Calipari) lets people play. Anthony Davis was out there blocking shots. I like to block shots, run the floor, shoot it from 10 to 15 feet out.”
As for what’s important to him in a college, Wiseman said: “First is the academics. Without that, you can’t be anything in life, and secondis the chemistry there and the system.”
Wiseman has a lot list of colleges showing interest, and he’s in no hurry to cut down his list.
“More colleges are going to come,” he said. “I just have to be patient.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Well, some of the other pundits may not think so, but Krysten Peek thinks we're a blueblood program. 

Not sure how much of a chance we have with him. He would obviously be a huge get but  there are other elite prospects we are much more involved with and have ties to.

I think he will be watching what's going on with DD. If his numbers improve and his propensity to foul goes down, he will get some NBA interest. Especially with his physical development. Odds are no, but it has happened. NBA is about potential.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I think he will be watching what's going on with DD. If his numbers improve and his propensity to foul goes down, he will get some NBA interest. Especially with his physical development. Odds are no, but it has happened. NBA is about potential.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Davis's athleticism will really hold him back in the eyes of the NBA. He's more of a traditional big, which has been fading from the league for some time. He'll be here 3 years at the very least IMO.

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

I think Davis's athleticism will really hold him back in the eyes of the NBA. He's more of a traditional big, which has been fading from the league for some time. He'll be here 3 years at the very least IMO.

Agreed- I like DD, but he's not particularly athletic for the B1G, let alone the NBA. I would be genuinely shocked if he ever makes an NBA roster. That is an indictment of the league though, since skill is a distant second to athleticism/measurables. Exhibit A? OG