Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) C James Wiseman

James Wiseman '19 (PF) - Bradley Beal      HAS IU OFFER
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/21 14 6 12 1 3 1 1 14 1 0 0 4 n.a.
4/22 8 3   2   0   4 0 0 1 0 n.a.
4/22 7 3 7 1 1 0 0 10 2 1 0 0 n.a.
4/23 16 8 12 0 0 0 1 7 1 0 1 2 n.a.
Avg 11.3             9 1 0 1 2 #DIV/0!
# Gms 4                        

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

hmm?

Who knows the reason.  He played in all 8 EYBL games in April for Bradley Beal averaging 12 ppg and 8 reb/game but apparently was a no show for last weekend's event in Atlanta as his name never appeared in any of the 4-game box scores.  Felt he was being overshadowed by Garland?  Bad team chemistry?  Location?  Team Penny based out of Memphis vs. Bradley Beal based out of St. Louis. 

Wiseman is one of the 16 finalists out of an original 32 pool of candidates.  All 16 finalists will remain in Colorado Springs for at least three more training sessions. Team USA will then announce the 12 players that will make up the final roster for the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.

http://d1vision.com/usa-basketball-u16-names-finalist/

Listed among 3 schools he talks to a lot: SMU, Texas, Indiana.

From scout:

At the Oct. 2016 USA Basketball Developmental Camp, it was clear that James Wiseman would have a great shot at making the 16u team when tryouts arrived in June of 2017.
Several months later and Scout’s 8th rated 2019 prospect looks well on his way to representing his country at the FIBA 16u Americas.

Wiseman, a 6-foot-10, 200-pound center from Nashville (Tenn.) The Ensworth School, has good size, long arms and can really shoot the ball for position.
“I’m running the floor really well, I’m getting my teammates the ball, I’m doing a good job outlet passing and I can face up and shoot,” Wiseman said. “I’m working on my post moves and ball handling.”
The five-star prospect listed offers from SMU, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Washington, Xavier, Alabama, Texas, Indiana and Oklahoma State.
At least three of those programs have coaches in close contact with Wiseman.

Just a sophomore, James Wiseman is pushing 6-foot-11 and boasts a lengthy set of arms. He's mobile, athletic and consistently looks to run the floor. His length impacts the game defensively and although he lacks strength he's a fine rebounder. Wiseman has an impressive set of hands and very good touch around the basket. Although not necessarily consistent, Wiseman is capable of knocking down short and mid-range jump shots, as well as left-handed hook on the block. He'll need to add strength, which will come in time, and get more polished on the block, but Wiseman is oozing with upside.

CLOSE
“I talk to SMU, Indiana and Texas a lot,” Wiseman said, before breaking down what he likes about each of them.
SMU: “I’m still learning about their system but when I go on a visit there I’ll learn more.”
Indiana: “I like their system; I think I can fit in well. I watched Thomas Bryant there and I think I could fit in similarly.”
Texas: “I have a good relationship with their coaches. I really like their system and the atmosphere up there.”
While Wiseman is still open, he’s getting closer to taking the next step in his recruitment.
“I need to get on it because it’s almost my junior year; I need to sit down with my family and talk about it,” he said.
The rising junior has an idea about what he wants in a school.
“Academics first, the system, my relationship with the teammates and the environment up there,” said Wiseman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, schoosier said:

Have we ever had a dominant lefty big? Not that I'm aware but haven't watched any vid of Garrett. Downing, I believe, was left handed  but didn't have this size. I would welcome Wiseman with open arms.

Only really good lefty big I can remember, and he was only here for a minute, was Lawrence Funderburke.