Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

Saturday was the first time seeing Trayce play.  WOW!  Bright future ahead of him!  Hopefully that includes time at IU but with all of the potential changes to one and done I'm not so sure.  Really hard to gauge after only a couple of games but I would imagine he will be one and done, right?  

I gotta tell you, dudes.  I'm a big fan of TJD.  The kid can really play basketball.  

You know how we all say McSwain is a great athlete, but not a basketball player (yes retracted after he was effective this season)?  TJD is a great athlete, and 100% basketball player.  His moves get him to the hoop happen without hesitation.  He's dunking before his defender can even muster a foul.  He seems to know his place on the court, and welcomes contact.  He plays a full court game, seems to look to pass and create space.  He can even put the ball on the deck and go coast to coast with it, which is very impressive for a guy his size.  He's got strength in the trunk (the "center of power"), and is just a junior in high school.

USPS has seen him more than any of us, and so I know there are a few knocks on his game.  It seems he can disappear from time to time, and maybe some attitude stuff.  You all probably saw during the NA game, when he was playing with 2 founds and 1:30 left in the first half, his coach subbed him out and he kinda argued a bit.  Meh.  I think he mostly wants to win.  I also don't think he has much talent around him, and maybe at times gets frustrated by feeling that.

ITH posted a highlight vid from the New Albany game.  Trayce is good, man.  Watch how fast he executes his moves.  Spins, euro steps, one dribbles, straight in.  

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where he said he plans on committing "around this time next year."  Let's hope not, for our own sanity.  Would love for him to be a Hoosier. 

I gotta tell you, dudes.  I'm a big fan of TJD.  The kid can really play basketball.  
You know how we all say McSwain is a great athlete, but not a basketball player (yes retracted after he was effective this season)?  TJD is a great athlete, and 100% basketball player.  His moves get him to the hoop happen without hesitation.  He's dunking before his defender can even muster a foul.  He seems to know his place on the court, and welcomes contact.  He plays a full court game, seems to look to pass and create space.  He can even put the ball on the deck and go coast to coast with it, which is very impressive for a guy his size.  He's got strength in the trunk (the "center of power"), and is just a junior in high school.
USPS has seen him more than any of us, and so I know there are a few knocks on his game.  It seems he can disappear from time to time, and maybe some attitude stuff.  You all probably saw during the NA game, when he was playing with 2 founds and 1:30 left in the first half, his coach subbed him out and he kinda argued a bit.  Meh.  I think he mostly wants to win.  I also don't think he has much talent around him, and maybe at times gets frustrated by feeling that.
ITH posted a highlight vid from the New Albany game.  Trayce is good, man.  Watch how fast he executes his moves.  Spins, euro steps, one dribbles, straight in.  
I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where he said he plans on committing "around this time next year."  Let's hope not, for our own sanity.  Would love for him to be a Hoosier. 

[/url]  

He played the last couple weeks of the regular season recovering from Mono so his disappearing act probably had to do with that. At the time I didn’t realize he was sick. Impressive that he played through it and played pretty well. He has improved each of his years that I’ve watched him and I agree he just doesn’t like to lose and his emotions get the best of him sometimes. I fully expect moving forward that he will keep his frustrations in check. Center Grove has a chance to be really good next year. They do have shooters to surround him. We were in games all year with some really good teams but it was a missed FT in the last minute or turnover that cost them. I really hope he works on an outside shot or even mid range in the off season. Outside of FTs I never saw him shoot anything but dunks, layups and hooks. He has been a joy to watch for the last couple years and I really hope he becomes a Hoosier

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There was a long time family friend of mine who was at the games this weekend. He goes to every NA game and sits behind the bench and knows Coach Shannon very well. He got a picture with RP and walked up to Archie and shook his hand this weekend. He said that he heard TJD arguing with coaches and players on the team at the game. Also said that there was a couple occasions where after a big play would look at opposing fans in a "bragging or showing up" way. I myself haven't seen TJD play or anything but was wondering if he does have a little of an attitude problem or if we can chalk all this down as "passion". I know others mentioned he was in foul trouble and this all could be played off as frustration and passion of not wanting to sit, but just wanted to pass what i heard and see if anyone else knows which it is. Passion or if he can be a jerk at times.

Since it is being discussed, I have to say I took note of some of the behavior by TJD.  Kind of seemed a bit whiny/bitchy to me.  There really was quite a contrast in the on-court demeanor between him and Romeo. He's only like 16 or 17, so I'm sure he'll have time to mature before the end of his high school days.  There's no doubt the kid has the physical skills, talent, and potential.

One thing I saw was how his FT shot was really flat, almost line-drive like.  As I recall, didn't his dad have a similar shot?  I hope TJD can improve and be better from the line that DD was. 

Give me a kid that has passion and a bit of maturing to do over a kid who doesn't care. It's much easier to help a kid mature and build upon that passion than to have to instill passion into a player. Jackson-Davis will be alright and be one heck of a college player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can’t speak to his attitude, but from what I saw, I can see why he is rated a five star talent. Would like to see him at IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I find this interesting, and encouraging.

This might lend some credence to the rumor that someone posted last week that TJD told Romeo to stay for 2 years so they could play together. Not saying it's anything but who really knows lol.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-ramey-s-future-fixing-pitt-iu-s-top-targets

Q: Can you give the percentages on how realistic a Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis class currently looks for IU? #TwitterTuesday

A: The top state of Indiana junior prospects, Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis, remain priority recruits for the first-year staff in Bloomington. Archie Miller has done a phenomenal job of making the Hoosiers a favorite for each as the chances of landing both sits around 60 percent.

It would be a major, major shock if Indiana does not land at least one of the two. Practically the entire Big Ten has offered the top 50 prospects, as a slew of others outside of their Midwest locale have come calling.

Brooks has been a heavily coveted name since stepping foot onto a high school playing floor. Indiana and Kentucky are the likeliest of landing spots for the 6-foot-7 forward with the Hoosiers having a slight upper hand.

Jackson-Davis, the son of former NBA big man Dale Davis, has seen his stock soar in recent months. He has grown another inch and developed his skillset and athleticism to the point that he is evolving into a five-star prospect during our next ranking update. Indiana is the favorite here, too, as it may have an even better chance with the 6-foot-8 big man compared to Brooks.