Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

5 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Sure seems like he is ours to lose at this point. I hope we have room for him and Brooks.

If Brooks and TJD want to be Hoosiers they will be Hoosiers. Same probably goes for Watford, Hurt, and any other 5 stars that Archie is recruiting. Yes that means that Archie might have to pull some scholarships but if a kid proves he can't play at a championship level and Archie didn't recruit him the tough luck. It stinks for the player but Archie was brought in to hang banner #6 not make players that FCTC recruited happy.

If Brooks and TJD want to be Hoosiers they will be Hoosiers. Same probably goes for Watford, Hurt, and any other 5 stars that Archie is recruiting. Yes that means that Archie might have to pull some scholarships but if a kid proves he can't play at a championship level and Archie didn't recruit him the tough luck. It stinks for the player but Archie was brought in to hang banner #6 not make players that FCTC recruited happy.

While I agree with the premise (re: CAM wanting 5* players) I doubt he brings in four 5* recruits in one class, even if they all wanted to come here. Well most likely end up with two of those players because they're not going to sit behind the others.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

While I agree with the premise (re: CAM wanting 5* players) I doubt he brings in four 5* recruits in one class, even if they all wanted to come here. Well most likely end up with two of those players because they're not going to sit behind the others.

I agree. I'm just saying that if they did want to come here and he wanted them that CAM would find a way to make it happen.

Just now, goonaha said:

Three unofficials in one summer is a lot even if he only lives 45 minutes away. Said that he wants to commit before the start of his senior season but maybe he'll want to get it over with before then. Seems like IU leads indeed.

I've never seen so many glowing quotes from a recruit and his family before. Definitely encouraging.

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Leading with TJD makes me again question the continued pursuit of Jake Forrester. They have the same body type, play the same role, and yet TJD seems more polished already and has a higher ceiling in my opinion. Not to mention the in state factor.

Plus TJD is sure to break into the top 50 when the next instance of rankings come out, and Forrester just dropped 12 spots and he's almost dropped out of the top 150.  Their trajectories are almost completely opposite.

But of course we all know that rankings are meaningless crap anyway.  :)

5 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Leading with TJD makes me again question the continued pursuit of Jake Forrester. They have the same body type, play the same role, and yet TJD seems more polished already and has a higher ceiling in my opinion. Not to mention the in state factor.

The only reason I think IU is still pursing Forrester is because the coaching staff thinks that Morgan or Davis or both will be going pro of some sort after this year.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The only reason I think IU is still pursing Forrester is because the coaching staff thinks that Morgan or Davis or both will be going pro of some sort after this year.

Even if one of them does (which I doubt), we can just take multiple bigs next year. We're in on a ton. Igiehorn, Stewart, Jackson-Davis, Okoro, Cockburn, Hurt

Not to mention that taking Forrester now means we'd have to do some "roster management" to pull of a Garland-Romeo package deal.