Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

40 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Could be looking for a better pay day? I never had a warm fuzzy feeling about this recruitment like everyone else. Hope we can still land him in the spring.

We should not be out bagged in the Hoosier state. Doesn’t Adidas have a 25 point premium for location not counting the banners? Hopefully, Arch got coached up by Cal & big bro on “winning big by NCAA standards”. Everyone does this so be the best and get TDJ and Brooks.

Could be looking for a better pay day? I never had a warm fuzzy feeling about this recruitment like everyone else. Hope we can still land him in the spring.
Same here. Keon to seems like a better fit

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The way the mood swings on this board on some of the recruitments I'd swear everyone was going through menopause!  lol

When my daughter was a teenager, I could see her mood change as she walked across the room. And then, I had another daughter and the process started all over again. So, yeah, I can handle mood swings!

15 hours ago, A.j. Nigh said:

I’m not angry, just disappointed as I thought this was coming to a close and TJD and perhaps Brooks both, were going to commit soon and continue with the momentum. Our momentum will have to be done on the court until spring it seems, and that’s fine as I think we’re looking at a good year.  

Very interested in what Pap and Chris have for us when they post hopefully today, because I do now feel like IU isn’t the leader we all thought on TJD.   One thought about the PR around a recruitment like this and if he’s looking for the Romeo treatment.  He’ll get that and the IU chants at all the game etc.  However, how many times would his name be mentioned on  broadcasts during IU games (seemingly when IU is looking good this year) by announcers talking about how good our class is coming in and who’s in it......

If he's looking for the Romeo treatment, I'm afraid he's going to be really disappointed.

I'm pretty much done fretting over this recruitment. Would really want to get at least one of him and Brooks, but if I was Archie I would be calling Watford/Hurt to at least have some back-up options.

Hurt is no ones backup option.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

If he's looking for the Romeo treatment, I'm afraid he's going to be really disappointed.

I believe you're wrong in one regard.....   and this should hearten everyone....

Think about how close Center Grove is to Bloomington.  Additionally,  think about the conference and locality of games on their schedule.  Now....   harken back to Romeo's senior year.  Remember all the IU players and coaches who attended his games? I'm no insider but expect a repeat performance this season at CG.

It will be really tough for MSU and UCLA to match this love;  unless you consider Sam Alford in the crowd as competition.

McHoop

Edited by McHoop

When my daughter was a teenager, I could see her mood change as she walked across the room. And then, I had another daughter and the process started all over again. So, yeah, I can handle mood swings!

Going through this now. Dear Lord, it’s rough....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

They are grown now, I had 2 daughters, as a single father. What I would give to have those years repeated. They were 3 grades apart .

I have the same scenario with a son sandwiched between them. Taking each day one at a time knowing they will go by quickly.

3 hours ago, McHoop said:

I believe you're wrong in one regard.....   and this should hearten everyone....

Think about how close Center Grove is to Bloomington.  Additionally,  think about the conference and locality of games on their schedule.  Now....   harken back to Romeo's senior year.  Remember all the IU players and coaches who attended his games? I'm no insider but expect a repeat performance this season at CG.

It will be really tough for MSU and UCLA to match this love;  unless you consider Sam Alford in the crowd as competition.

McHoop

You're likely accurate from a team, coaching staff, player perspective, but I think the crowds will be typical CG crowds, and not clamoring throngs.

There are a ton of tweets supporting him from IU fans and a few that don't.  Let's not mention the ones supporting him and bashing the people that were ragging on him...
The fact that any are ragging on him is ridiculous. Grown men (in most cases) giving a HS kid grief on his college decision is kind of creepy and definitely sad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app