Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

But if we didnt get one of your first 3 and ended up with Nnaji, people would say the sky is falling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would be disappointed if that were the case. Getting your 4th choice, even if a pretty good player, would suggest we still have a long way to go.

If this happens occasionally but is not the rule then no big deal but if this becomes the rule and not the exception then it will be cause for concern.

I am still at a point where I am appreciating the recent recruiting success and am expecting that to continue to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would be disappointed if that were the case. Getting your 4th choice, even if a pretty good player, would suggest we still have a long way to go.

If this happens occasionally but is not the rule then no big deal but if this becomes the rule and not the exception then it will be cause for concern.

I am still at a point where I am appreciating the recent recruiting success and am expecting that to continue to some extent.

At least our 4th choice, so to speak, would be a top 30 recruit and not #330; that was becoming the rule under the previous version of leadership.

Article did not sound too positive for Indiana.Dad seemed ticked people think he is going to Indiana.
I'm starting to get a bit concerned on 2019. We have zero commits and last year we had several by now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No we didn’t. We literally got our first commit a year ago yesterday. Wait a week and then we can freak out we aren’t on the same timeline as last year. Our fan base and recruiting doesn’t go well together.

Last year was definitely a different recruiting year where a ton of top rated players came off the board early. This year only 11 of the top 50 players have committed and 26 of the top 100. Only 2 teams USC and UCLA have more then 2 commitments so far. You are definitely right this fan base and recruiting doesn’t go well for some lol. I would hope some people would wait until the early signing period before they started freaking out about the 2019 class

Last year was definitely a different recruiting year where a ton of top rated players came off the board early. This year only 11 of the top 50 players have committed and 26 of the top 100. Only 2 teams USC and UCLA have more then 2 commitments so far. You are definitely right this fan base and recruiting doesn’t go well for some lol. I would hope some people would wait until the early signing period before they started freaking out about the 2019 class

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

OSU now with the Carlton commitment

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I know hes a 5 star. But this kid doesnt excite me. I've seen him play. All he does is dunk. I'd take Brooks, Watford, or Njezi or whatever his name over him. Dont get me wrong I hope we land him, but this wont be the heartbreaker for me that will be for some.

He dunks a lot, because he can! He puts himself in a great position to get a lot of rebound dunks, that's much better than getting a rebound and starting another offensive possession, or worse yet, not getting the rebound because he didn't crash the glass.

In the vids I have watched he seems to be a little old school and uses the glass for a lot of baby hooks and finishing moves. I like him a lot and I want him at Indiana.

I agree. I wish every year we would wait until the early signing period until they freak out. Recruiting is very seldom the issue at IU. It’s the coaches. When the recruiting becomes a problem the coach is on his way out. That is far from what is happening here. It used to be August or even September before people freaked. It seems with the great job Old Fart and others have done with AAU, and others with recruiting people want instant gratification and just flip out when it doesn’t happen. Even those that claim others should have more testicular fortitude. I wish they would enjoy the process more and realize we are going to have a top 10-20 class most likely with a chance to be better.

I know hes a 5 star. But this kid doesnt excite me. I've seen him play. All he does is dunk. I'd take Brooks, Watford, or Njezi or whatever his name over him. Dont get me wrong I hope we land him, but this wont be the heartbreaker for me that will be for some.

Weren’t you the one who basically said the same thing about Romeo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I agree. I wish every year we would wait until the early signing period until they freak out. Recruiting is very seldom the issue at IU. It’s the coaches. When the recruiting becomes a problem the coach is on his way out. That is far from what is happening here. It used to be August or even September before people freaked. It seems with the great job Old Fart and others have done with AAU, and others with recruiting people want instant gratification and just flip out when it doesn’t happen. Even those that claim others should have more testicular fortitude. I wish they would enjoy the process more and realize we are going to have a top 10-20 class most likely with a chance to be better.

Unless Brooks, TJD Watford and Newman all commit elsewhere I agree no reason to worry yet. 

30 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Weren’t you the one who basically said the same thing about Romeo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he just said it a few times to get folks tuned up lol! He is also a Floyd Central guy, an NA rival. He was with me way, way early talking up Romeo back in his Fr/Soph seasons.