Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

Looks like we've got some work to do.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-trayce-jackson-davis-is-wide-open-heading-into-summer

“My recruitment is still wide open. A lot of rumors have been made and even about me reclassifying even though the coaches didn’t even have a scholarship open, but they are just rumors and my recruitment is wide open. I am going to wait until July and if any new schools come up and maybe I will put them into consideration going into August,” he said. “I will probably cut my list in August to five or seven schools.”

A commitment could remain on the backburner.

“I don’t know when I could do it,” he said. “I was probably going to sign before basketball season, but now since all of these schools have taken the time with me, there isn’t any time table now.”

37 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

I think it sounds like a five star being recruited by a bunch of big time programs. I’m not worried one bit about this one. 

We shall see.

Let's not have TJD and Keion pairing at pUKe instead of IU...

7 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

We shall see.

Let's not have TJD and Keion pairing at pUKe instead of IU...

I agree that would be the worst ending. As we get better on the court, I see it becoming fewer top IN players will go to UK, UNC, UVA, or Mich St. We have a coach now genuinely liked by recruits, parents, and coaches. With our rich history it could be banner time.

I agree that would be the worst ending. As we get better on the court, I see it becoming fewer top IN players will go to UK, UNC, UVA, or Mich St. We have a coach now genuinely liked by recruits, parents, and coaches. With our rich history it could be banner time.

This seems to be the case. I hope this is accurate and longstanding. If so, we are set, at least set to have a contending team regularly because Indiana turns out great talent year in and year out:

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

Certainly not, but it's a far cry from  "committing a few days after Romeo", unless, by a "few" they mean "250 or so".

Yeah, I am starting to get that "not so easy" feeling about TJD.   I'm sure I will be told to relax, but the longer he waits the less likely he comes to IU, IMO.

1 minute ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Yeah, I am starting to get that "not so easy" feeling about TJD.   I'm sure I will be told to relax, but the longer he waits the less likely he comes to IU, IMO.

Yep. His quote made it sound like he might be waiting on "someone" to offer.

Of course, it would be nice to have our dream class lined up for 2019 already.  However, let them enjoy the process, as long as we land the right pieces in the fall or spring.  After getting Romeo, I feel a bit more confident about our recruiting.  We'll land a really talented group for 2019.

The only problem with that is that his commitment could help us with other recruits.  Him waiting around to enjoy the process may put him with a weaker team if we lose out on other top recruits while he waits.

Just food for thought.

For example, lets say Romeo committed to IU back when we first hired Archie Miller instead of committing after most of the recruits had already decided.  It's possible that could have swayed other, more highly ranked 2018 recruits to look our way.  We ended up with a pretty strong class anyway thankfully.