Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I did and it was TJD. But something has changed since he told the staff that he was going to commit after Romeo. I still think he does but I think it will now be July. I will ask about this next time I get a chance. 

These kids get so much attention for being an uncommitted recruit, you really can't blame them. Then if he has been hanging out and talking to Brooks, who it seems clearly likes the process, maybe he helped him change his mind about pulling the trigger so soon.

Corey Evans - Rivals on TJD's performance last weekend.

Additionally, Jackson-Davis picked up an award for "Best Finisher".

"Missing two of his Spiece Indy Heat’s contests over the weekend, Jackson-Davis had to make amends for his rather lethargic Saturday morning outing before exiting Fort Wayne for his high school prom," Evans wrote. "Back on the floor at the Spiece Fieldhouse on Sunday, the top-25 junior went to work, and in a major way.

"While his right hand still needs more polishing, whenever Jackson-Davis can get his defender on his right shoulder the opposition might as well retreat to the offensive end, because it is going to be a bucket. A 6-foot-9 power forward who works extremely well out of high-low sets, Jackson-Davis’ use of angles and elite hands in the paint is are good as you’re going to find at this stage, and that's a major reason why practically the entire Big Ten has made him a priority.

"A quality finisher around the basket, Jackson-Davis is one of the top frontcourt prospects in the nation."

Jackson-Davis averaged 25 points, nine rebounds and four blocks per game as a junior, earning core Indiana Junior All-Star honors and was named second team All-State by the Associated Press and USA TODAY.

He holds offers from IU, Purdue and Michigan State among others.

22 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I did and it was TJD. But something has changed since he told the staff that he was going to commit after Romeo. I still think he does but I think it will now be July. I will ask about this next time I get a chance. 

In other words, nothing has changed except for the timing.

It's really kinda perfect: a top 25 physical big man from in-state, whose strengths are team play, defense, and finishing near the rim, who is tight with multiple high level, high character recruits from other positions of need, is destined to commit in time to be the foundation for the 2019 class.

Think we can then be selective with one wing forward and one guard to accompany TJD for that 2019 class?

Can you imagine choosing the 2019/20 starting lineup from Phinisee, Green, Hunter, Smith, Brooks, Watford, Jackson-Davis?

It's all good...Hoosiers

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Chris said, TJD will commit at Peach Jam after they win the title.  A few minutes after he'll be joined by Brooks, Watford, and Carton who will then commit.  Archie will have his pick in 2020 and beyond.  At least that's what I've heard

Why stop there, might as well get Hurt, Stewart and a few others :-)

Just a thought here but any chance the 19 kids aren't committing is in hopes that the NBA lifts the one year removed rule? I realize TJD and Brooks aren't considered '20 lottery picks right now necessarily but they could move up the rankings this summer. Just a thought that crossed my mind and may have even been discussed here already.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Just a thought here but any chance the 19 kids aren't committing is in hopes that the NBA lifts the one year removed rule? I realize TJD and Brooks aren't considered '20 lottery picks right now necessarily but they could move up the rankings this summer. Just a thought that crossed my mind and may have even been discussed here already.

I don't see why committing to a school would stop them from entering the draft if the one-and-done rule goes way. 

I don't see why committing to a school would stop them from entering the draft if the one-and-done rule goes way. 
I'm speaking more on the thought of waiting to make a decision. They could be waiting to see if something comes out soon so as to not jerk around a coach/program if they in the end would have no intention of attending college. I guess a respect/decency thing? Idk just a thought.

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm speaking more on the thought of waiting to make a decision. They could be waiting to see if something comes out soon so as to not jerk around a coach/program if they in the end would have no intention of attending college. I guess a respect/decency thing? Idk just a thought.

That very well could be the case. I think the staff and their top priorities talk pretty frequently though (when allowed). If a guy wants to commit but also keep his NBA options open I would assume the recruit or the family would make that clear.

My default thought on TJD waiting is that he has plenty of time to decide and wants to make sure he's making the right choice. 

That very well could be the case. I think the staff and their top priorities talk pretty frequently though (when allowed). If a guy wants to commit but also keep his NBA options open I would assume the recruit or the family would make that clear.
My default thought on TJD waiting is that he has plenty of time to decide and wants to make sure he's making the right choice. 
That makes sense. I'm sure that type of hypothetical stuff gets discussed.

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

I doubt the one-and-done rule goes away by 2019. There will be a lag between when the rule is rescinded and when the change takes effect.

Because everyone involved with it is an idiot. 

Yeah, I was just going to say, I’m not sure TJD, Brooks, or Watford are true 1nDones. Let alone, skip college, straight to the league.

Hurt? Maybe, but he is like Zeller in that he will need to gain some strength.

Great players that could play into a 1 n done but I don’t think any of them are sure fire 1ndones.

Romeo will be a 1 n Done if he can shoot the right percentages.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners