Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I could see it happen, however, what does Archie do about available scholarships? Do you think lack of playing time pushes someone out the door?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I gotta think somebody would go. Moore or at this rate Green 

Probably going to be hard for him to pass up being a lottery pick but it seems like he will spend at least 1 year and probably 2-3 developing before he can help an NBA team. If I was an NBA exec I would play James Blackmon over Romeo currently. But probably not in 3-4 years.

And you would be out a job real quick

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Probably going to be hard for him to pass up being a lottery pick but it seems like he will spend at least 1 year and probably 2-3 developing before he can help an NBA team. If I was an NBA exec I would play James Blackmon over Romeo currently. But probably not in 3-4 years.

No way doc!

Unless of course the NBA now has chairs for JBj to guard.  ;)

And you would be out a job real quick

Is that right?

I’m talking 1 year. Next year. Not a career.

JBJ is a deadly shooter and Romeo is a subpar shooter at the collegiate line.

Romeo strength is finishing around the basket and Duke just showed how that will go next year. Zion especially.

Romeo once the shooting is better will have a better career by a long shot but I’d take JBJ for 1 season next year.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but based on performance and not the hype. Play JBJ in the JJ Redick role. What role is Romeo going to play next year? Pick and roll? Probably, which we should be doing more of at Indiana. But shooting isn’t there yet to be the threat he needs to be.

Maybe I am crazy, because Romeo is slick but the big boys of Duke took him out of his game.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hard to simultaneously watch a basketball game and a soccer game but I managed.  Center Grove rallyed in the 4thQ to defeat Cathedral 63-60.  TJD with 21 pts. and 12 reb.  Armaan Franklin 13 pts. and 9 reb.  Really fun game to watch. 

Did you catch the CG announcer saying that CG-LaLu is “going to be a great game”? Yeah, it may be a fun watch for IU fans, but it’s gonna be a beating. Really looking forward to seeing how TJD plays against a beast like Stewart. The couple of times I’ve seen TJD, very small sampling, his motor is not always running. It better be running for 32 minutes against Stewart.

Is that right?

I’m talking 1 year. Next year. Not a career.

JBJ is a deadly shooter and Romeo is a subpar shooter at the collegiate line.

Romeo strength is finishing around the basket and Duke just showed how that will go next year. Zion especially.

Romeo once the shooting is better will have a better career by a long shot but I’d take JBJ for 1 season next year.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but based on performance and not the hype. Play JBJ in the JJ Redick role. What role is Romeo going to play next year? Pick and roll? Probably, which we should be doing more of at Indiana. But shooting isn’t there yet to be the threat he needs to be.

Maybe I am crazy, because Romeo is slick but the big boys of Duke took him out of his game.

Sorry this is in the Trayce thread. This deserves to be jubilation only. My bad.

I love Romeo too, just think It’ll be 2-3 years of development before he is a regular rotation guy in the NBA. And Blackmon probably never will be. But I love Blackmon too.

#LEO.

IMG_8746.jpg
TJD and Armaan chatting it up before the tip. What a great game! Hope most got to watch it. Not one of TJDs best games but Cathedral made a great move and decided to zone after TJD scored 10 and at will the first quarter. Great win for CG!

5 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

The signing period is over, correct. He just signed weeks ago when it was open

Its funny now that the lot of us were nervous as hell that TJD would have 2nd thoughts watching us struggle vs UC Davis when in fact he had already signed his LOI.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

There was absolutely no concern about this recruitment. Nor is there about Keion’s recruitment. They’re both going to IU. It’s been that way for a long time

HoosierGuy - I want to start hearing your predictions for the 2020 class. So far you are 2 for 2 (Romeo and TJD) and will be 3 for 3 (Keion) soon enough. Any guarantees for 2020?

Great night. TJD to IU and center grove wins. Tayven(little brother) with a huge 3 that put center grove up late. Big time shot for a freshman. Cathedral had a good freshman as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is Tayven a D1 prospect